• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, and then there's the poor guys who did AF primary and then T-1s... they show up at VP-30 having NO IDEA how the Navy works. We're still trying to break them. (in)
Try the Marines who got AF training and Wings during Vietnam days .... I'm talkin' ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO WINGS AFTER SAUFLEY (Primary) in the old days ... and then try to CQ them in the P.I. when they've been flying AF-style for a year or so .... it's not pretty. :)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Just an update in regard to the tailhook concept...word from CNATRA is...

NEVERMIND!

They are back to selection with E2/C2, J1/J2. No word on whether the change is permanent.

Rubiks06

pilot
Not permanent. They are selecting both actually. What they are doing is asking some people to do the old way for e-2 c-2 while they are getting the "Tailhook" concept back up off the ground to avoid having a huge window were the e-2/c-2 community wasnt getting new guys because of the wait. Back in the day even the helo guys used to get their tail hook....

MasterBates

It's mostly due to a TIMS/TIS issue not being able to give an accurate NSS at the end of Phase 1 to select jets or E2C2.

I just got here in Krock, now they are telling me I have to go back to Corpus..

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I never thought I would like TIMS

It's mostly due to a TIMS/TIS issue not being able to give an accurate NSS at the end of Phase 1 to select jets or E2C2.

I just got here in Krock, now they are telling me I have to go back to Corpus..

I never thought I would be saying this but thank God for TIMS! This dog is having his day!

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Hey guys, I just classed up in Meridian and guess what.....the "Tailhook" thing fell by the wayside until Septemberish. Until then you still go "Jets". Now on to the bad news. RUMOR has it that there will be a 2 month long E2/C2 draft and NO jet slots to make up for this. See your flight surgeon/break minor bones as appropriate to time it right. PS- They are calling it a 55 week time to winging right now. -Joe Dirt

Malice 1

pilot
Hey guys, I just classed up in Meridian and guess what.....the "Tailhook" thing fell by the wayside until Septemberish. Until then you still go "Jets". Now on to the bad news. RUMOR has it that there will be a 2 month long E2/C2 draft and NO jet slots to make up for this. See your flight surgeon/break minor bones as appropriate to time it right. PS- They are calling it a 55 week time to winging right now. -Joe Dirt

semper f*ck that.

I'm sooo glad I'm a Marine right now.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

How not to make friends and influence people, at least amongst us E2/C2 guys. In reality, I don't blame guys........however, going tactical med down, thats bullshit. You get what you get, no games.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I agree. All the more reason one should be completely honest with the flight surgeon.

Nope, two different situations altogether. Probably have to be an aviator to understand. Going for the tac med down affects others,could be your buds. You can affect others selections by pulling that stunt. Didn't happen to me but I saw it happen one time back in 95. The guy who did it was a shitbag for doing it. He knows it but being a shitbag, can probably live with it.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, two different situations altogether. Probably have to be an aviator to understand.
Yeeeaaaa.....maybe not. That diversion tactic isn't going to work on me. While I'm not an aviator, I did do 14 years of service. I had my fair share of chances to go "tac med down" and conversely, to not disclose medical conditions as appropriate per the standard form. You can slice it anyway you want. Whether a person pulls the tac med down maneuver or knowingly fail to disclose what the question on the form asks them...the integrity of the individual has been compromised. In both cases, the person isn't telling the truth.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeeeaaaa.....maybe not. That diversion tactic isn't going to work on me. While I'm not an aviator, I did do 14 years of service. I had my fair share of chances to go "tac med down" and conversely, to not disclose medical conditions as appropriate per the standard form. You can slice it anyway you want. Whether a person pulls the tac med down maneuver or knowingly fail to disclose what the question on the form asks them...the integrity of the individual has been compromised. In both cases, the person isn't telling the truth.

We are now talking about two differen things. One affects one person, the other affects others. That's the difference and thats what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about some integrity boo hoo BS. Who gives a shit about that. I'm talking about doing something that fucks your buddies.

FLY_USMC

pilot
How not to make friends and influence people, at least amongst us E2/C2 guys. In reality, I don't blame guys........however, going tactical med down, thats bullshit. You get what you get, no games.
Get what you get no games? You and I both know that's bs. I know an E-2 guy that paid a C-2 guy 10 grand to trade with him. But remember, you get what you get right?:)

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I know an E-2 guy that paid a C-2 guy 10 grand to trade with him

Sure it wasn't the other way around???

OOPS.. Reread your post.. You were right.. E-2 guy pays Cod guy so he can become a COD guy.. Damn that English language...