• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get what you get no games? You and I both know that's bs. I know an E-2 guy that paid a C-2 guy 10 grand to trade with him. But remember, you get what you get right?:)

I have never heard of anything even remotely like that before, that is crossing the line big time.........:(

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We are now talking about two differen things. One affects one person, the other affects others. That's the difference and thats what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about some integrity boo hoo BS. Who gives a shit about that. I'm talking about doing something that fucks your buddies.
Rationalize it however you want.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I do not endorse breaking bones/going Med Down

Nope, two different situations altogether. Probably have to be an aviator to understand. Going for the tac med down affects others,could be your buds. You can affect others selections by pulling that stunt. Didn't happen to me but I saw it happen one time back in 95. The guy who did it was a shitbag for doing it. He knows it but being a shitbag, can probably live with it.

Gents and everyone else....I want to make it clear that it is not OK at all to go tactically med down or be a buddyf8Ker. Even more importantly I wanted to make it clear that there is nothing wrong with going E2C2. The mission of both is extremely important and nuggets/newbies will realize their importance and popularity among the airwaing when they get to the fleet. The intent of my post about 7 lines up was informative in nature only. Take it from an S-3 NFO who is working his way up into the front seat methodically that it sucks when someone walks in and tells you there is another hurdle to overcome on your journey. Whether it be a NAMI whammy eye exam that you could have cheated on or a STUCON guy telling you that you are the first guy to select "Tailhook" and having to have the concept explained to you. I am a veteran of both situations and timing has been a double edged sword to me. I have had to wait 7 years to get to "jets" as a pilot which is as long as some of you took to do your undergrad. Happy 4th of July and remember not to hold ladyfingers in your hand when lighting......unless you want to fly for the air force.....I am actually bagging on the air force.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have never heard of anything even remotely like that before, that is crossing the line big time.........:(

That seems to be a deal between two individuals (if it had gone through), and not someone buddy-f*ing the other. I'm not interested in really debating, but I'd like to see your point spelled out a little more.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Get what you get no games? You and I both know that's bs. I know an E-2 guy that paid a C-2 guy 10 grand to trade with him. But remember, you get what you get right?:)

It was my opinion, not a point of fact. Doing something that screws another person if BS, that's the point. You know that guy huh? Funny how that story has been around for a while, probably before you. For example, while I was an IP at the FRS. Only, it was for an exchange for an east coast slot. And it was a girl.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
Yeeeaaaa.....maybe not. That diversion tactic isn't going to work on me. While I'm not an aviator, I did do 14 years of service. I had my fair share of chances to go "tac med down" and conversely, to not disclose medical conditions as appropriate per the standard form. You can slice it anyway you want. Whether a person pulls the tac med down maneuver or knowingly fail to disclose what the question on the form asks them...the integrity of the individual has been compromised. In both cases, the person isn't telling the truth.

As far as the medical history survey forms go I don't really see them as a question of honesty. Two incidents in my experience, albeit brief, that make me say this.

First, way back in high school when I was trying to get into ROTC the form had a box about any history with reactions to bee stings and insect bites. As a little kid I had reacted severely, but I hadn't had trouble with it since (and yes I had been stung). I marked yes on the form. It took me 4 years to get that off my record, even though it was no longer a problem. I almost was NPQ for aviation because of that.

Second, when I was getting my precommissioning/flight physical it asked if I had ever had bronchitis. I had been sick with it 3 months prior, taken the meds, got better, and moved on. I marked yes. The flight doc looked at it and said, "That's not something you want to admit. If there is something wrong with you, trust me, we will find it." He changed the box to say "no" and that was that, no tests or anything.

If they are going to change my answers to "no" for me then what is the point of the form. Moreover, the questions are along the line of "have you ever in your life had condition x?" Answering honestly, like with my bee sting issue as a kid, can end your career even if there is nothing wrong with you anymore. What the questions probably mean is "do you have a chronic problem with condition x", and that's how I answer them now. The impression I get is that you would say this is dishonest or compromising my integrity, but my experience hasn't given me the impression that 100% full disclosure is what they are looking for on those forms. Just my 2 cents. I agree with you on the "tactical" med downs though.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
If you do not disclose something to the docs, and get in when you would otherwise be NPQ, couldn't you have just screwed some other fully-qualified guy out of that slot? Guess they weren't quite our buddies yet.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That seems to be a deal between two individuals (if it had gone through), and not someone buddy-f*ing the other. I'm not interested in really debating, but I'd like to see your point spelled out a little more.

When someone starts selling official Navy orders for cash is where I have the problem.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
RetreadRand said:
I dunno Steve Wilkins..I agree with Bunk..
There is a huge difference between NOT FVcking yourself and Not Fvcking your buddy.

I always thought tactical med down was a pussified way to go through life and the Navy. Not only because it makes you a puss, but it possibly screws someone more deserving. ie not doing it means not Fvcking your buddy

Not disclosing some BS ailment from 20 years ago is less about integrity and more about going through beauracratic ASS PAIN. ie not Fvking yourself.

See the difference? Probably not...to SWOS it is a black and brown world.

ALso...not really sure I beleive that paying someone to swap is a buddy fvck move...One guy is getting paid which obviously is more important then where he gets stationed...both parties benefit.

Thankfully, there are others on this site much smarter than me who can express my on thoughts. We get it, being aviators as well.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
If you do not disclose something to the docs, and get in when you would otherwise be NPQ, couldn't you have just screwed some other fully-qualified guy out of that slot? Guess they weren't quite our buddies yet.

If it's serious enough to get NPQ'ed, then you're only hurting yourself. You could extend that to guys who DOR because they don't like it.........they should have known better. Or the attrite guy, because he sucked someone else could have gotten the job. Absurd thinking. Plus, when one is young, you often have more than one chance to get selected. Three times was the charm for a bud of mine. You only get one chance to select platform, don't fuck it up for other folks because you may not get what you don't want.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
RetreadRand said:
Only if you disclose it....
wonder if that is what Bunk was hiding :)

You guys will never know :D

Of course if I were actually hiding something serious, I wouldn't be flying 14 years later, at least not for the Navy.