• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook?

cozy1

Should be selecting in a few weeks, wondered if there is anymore rumors floating around about the whole selecting "Tailhook" thing?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The rumor is true for the choice. Studs are supposed to start selecting it on 1June. I don't know how set in stone the date is but the merge is a definite.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
How's that going to work, exactly? Studs will go to jets first, then see how things wash out and the guys with the lower ACM/overall scores get sent back to Corpus for E2/C2?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
You will go through another selection after phase one based on grades and needs of the Navy. If you go e2c2, you will stay and go to the boat and then to corpus. If you select jets, you will do the entire phase 2 syllabus (acm, weps, etc.) with cq at the end (normally).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Studs will go to jets first, then see how things wash out and the guys with the lower ACM/overall scores get sent back to Corpus for E2/C2?
I love it. That's the way it used to work. My, my, my .... OCS goin' back to Newport ... all Tailhooker's (since no Stoof's anymore :)) going Jet Pipeline until grades are finalized and seats are assigned .... my, my, my .... I think it's called progress.

The more things change ... ;)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I love it. That's the way it used to work. My, my, my .... OCS goin' back to Newport ... all Tailhooker's (since no Stoof's anymore :)) going Jet Pipeline until grades are finalized and seats are assigned .... my, my, my .... I think it's called progress.

The more things change ... ;)

It makes sense doing it the new way...err....old way. If it takes the same grades to select either out of primary, why not send all to the same place and determine from there.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How's that going to work, exactly? Studs will go to jets first, then see how things wash out and the guys with the lower ACM/overall scores get sent back to Corpus for E2/C2?
Why do you assume the E2/C2 guys are a lesser quality pilot?

MasterBates

Quite a few guys who can fly the jet fine, but cant do ACM or other Weps stuff get sent to Corpus to become E2C2 guys..

Been 2 just while I have been here.

BrittO

pilot
Based soley from what I have heard in meridian e2/c2 pilots are probably better at the boat..in the fleet that is. something about their wingspan leaving a couple feet either side of the wingtips for error, and lack of hud...this being said it could be my e/2 LSOs propaganda.
I have heard from my OPSO that starting around mid june,the "tailhook" selection from primary will start and as has been said after phase one another selection....straight to the boat after phase one...could be interesting.

fudge84

My concern is that even though I just picked up a jet spot in Meridian, I will class up under the new program and could be pushed down the E-2/C-2 pipeline. My report date isn't until the middle of June. Does anyone have word on how that works?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Based soley from what I have heard in meridian e2/c2 pilots are probably better at the boat..in the fleet that is. something about their wingspan leaving a couple feet either side of the wingtips for error, and lack of hud...this being said it could be my e/2 LSOs propaganda.

Prop guy propaganda I think. No doubt, the COD and E2 are tough to land on the boat due to the wingspan, the big rudders, the torque factor from the props, etc. Tougher than jets in that respect. The benfefits though are instant power response and if you're a nugget, you've always got that other set of controls with the more experienced A/C next to you. Each aircraft has its own set of difficulities coming aboard the boat.

Gators04

pilot
My concern is that since I just picked up a jet spot in Meridian, I will class up under the new program. My report date isn't until the middle of June. Does anyone have word on how that works?
If you selected before the new system comes online, you should be grandfathered into the old TS program.

FLY_USMC

pilot
If you can't do WEPS, you are nothing but a mechanical retard, it's like playing HALO, with enough repetition, anyone can learn it.