• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook?

trongod46

pilot
up here in merdian, they were talking about that, sounds like you navy guys have more chances to go jets(fighters) than before, you could of been low jet scores at primary and go E2 before, but now you get the chance to step it up at jet school and select fighters.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
up here in merdian, they were talking about that, sounds like you navy guys have more chances to go jets(fighters) than before, you could of been low jet scores at primary and go E2 before, but now you get the chance to step it up at jet school and select fighters.

What exactly are low jet scores? WTF does that mean? I've seen the Navy go as low as 48 on the NSS for jets. I've also known, lets see, 4 different guys who made Commodore's list get E2/C2. Works both ways, there's no such thing as low jet grades or high E2/C2 grades.

ATLien

Can I talk to you, Michael?
pilot
A civilian staff member in the TW4 building said today that no more E2\C2 students are arriving after June 1st. Coincidence?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

I was talking to a stud just today saying, "I bet students will think there's more jet slots now that more people are being selected for 'Tailhook.'" Thanks for proving my point.

There aren't more spots. There are the same number of spots as before (+/- the variation for the needs of that quarter/FY). It's just there's fewer choices.

BTW, finally went back to work today and checked my many "NMCI Mailbox is full" messages. Sure enough, as someone just said, it's official and on the selection sheet now.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I'm having a tough time grasping the effects of the "Tailhook" change. How will training and selection of further platforms be changed?

Gators04

pilot
I'm having a tough time grasping the effects of the "Tailhook" change. How will training and selection of further platforms be changed?
Old system:
End of primary: select Maritime, Helo, E2/C2, Jets.

New system:
End of primary: select Maritime, Helo, Tailhook.
End of Tailhook Phase I: select E2/C2, or Jets.

Circle K

pilot
What's left??? Gliders ??? Blimps ???

I'll never forget the look on the less than plesant stu-con lady's face when in complete seriousness I told her my first choice was Blimps. And the IP behind her trying as hard as he could not to fall on the floor laughing.

trongod46

pilot
just to clear what i was saying,, if there were 3 studs with jet grades when you select and only 2 jets slots and 1 E2 slot, and you had the "low jet score", so you got the E2 slot in the bunch, you could bring your score up and show your stuff and get fighters in the end with the new system.