• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook?

Junior

pilot
If you can't do WEPS, you are nothing but a mechanical retard, it's like playing HALO, with enough repetition, anyone can learn it.
I thought weps was less of a bomb dropping evolution and more of a SA confidence builder. Being able to maintain SA in the pattern and keeping sight of everyone was the biggie. The off target rendezvous is huge also. Want good grades? Execute a somewhat expeditious, safe, controlled, smooth, non-hockey stop rendezvous. I know, easier said than done.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Based soley from what I have heard in meridian e2/c2 pilots are probably better at the boat..in the fleet that is. something about their wingspan leaving a couple feet either side of the wingtips for error, and lack of hud...this being said it could be my e/2 LSOs propaganda.

Yep... Propaganda/Justification... It's the classic my crank is bigger than your crank thing... So the S-3 Guys with their wingspan must be the best jet guys.. Whatever.. Nothing really matters... All wings of gold look the same last time I checked! The only dudes that get screwed IMO is the helo guys.. Treated by Jet AND Prop guys like a lesser and then the civilian market for those dudes blows!!! :confused:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
dumb question, but does this mean that this will be the only process by which people select into E2/C2? Obviously I have never been in the training pipeline, but (maybe incorrectly) assuming that the majority of folks who select the "tailhook" option want jets, will this mean that the T-45 syllabus will become harder to create more washouts, or will they be lowering the bar NSS-wise to bring more folks into the "tailhook" pipeline initially, who might not have selected jets otherwise?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
dumb question, but does this mean that this will be the only process by which people select into E2/C2? Obviously I have never been in the training pipeline, but (maybe incorrectly) assuming that the majority of folks who select the "tailhook" option want jets, will this mean that the T-45 syllabus will become harder to create more washouts, or will they be lowering the bar NSS-wise to bring more folks into the "tailhook" pipeline initially, who might not have selected jets otherwise?

E2C2 isn't that large to begin with, so it's not like they'll need to lower it to get more people in. Plus, since it's another selection at the end of phase I, the studs will get exposure to the E2C2 guys (there aren't many of those guys in primary) which might change their decision on pipeline.

ATLien

Can I talk to you, Michael?
pilot
Plus, since it's another selection at the end of phase I, the studs will get exposure to the E2C2 guys (there aren't many of those guys in primary) which might change their decision on pipeline.

Absolutely. I think the tailhook option will help people get a better grasp of what they're going into before committing. E2\C2s may all of a sudden seem like a better idea to formerly jets-only selectees who's only exposure to the community was bar talk.

Any more word when this will happen? My skipper said it was happening soon but the flight leader IPs haven't heard a word that it was even happening.

insanebikerboy

pilot
None
Contributor
Any more word when this will happen? My skipper said it was happening soon but the flight leader IPs haven't heard a word that it was even happening.

Again, the word I got was 1June. However, the best way to look at it is "soon".

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
Absolutely. I think the tailhook option will help people get a better grasp of what they're going into before committing. E2\C2s may all of a sudden seem like a better idea to formerly jets-only selectees who's only exposure to the community was bar talk.

When I checked into VT-2 (~2 weeks ago), our skipper said that Tailhook would be in our selection cards vice Jets/E2-C2. Seeing as we showed up to Primary in May and the change has just taken place, maybe it starts with FY-08 selectees?

Just a guess for a definitive answer on the hard date, but I do know it will be in effect by the time I finish primary...

insanebikerboy

pilot
None
Contributor
When I checked into VT-2 (~2 weeks ago), our skipper said that Tailhook would be in our selection cards vice Jets/E2-C2. Seeing as we showed up to Primary in May and the change has just taken place, maybe it starts with FY-08 selectees?

Just a guess for a definitive answer on the hard date, but I do know it will be in effect by the time I finish primary...

It'll be on the cards for whoever selects after it starts. So, guys right now who are close to finishing up are right on the bubble. I.e., select E2/C2 this Thursday and say the tailhook choice goes into effect 1June, you stay E2/C2. Vice versa too, select after the *possible* 1June date, you go tailhook.

(1June is just scuttlebutt for now, just used as an example).

Gators04

pilot

[post=323660]Things are always changing, but ...[/post]

fudge84

The word from the Captain down at CNATRA is that this past week was the last to select jets vs E-2/C-2. Oddly enough, Gators, the guy that your link references picked up the last E-2/C-2 slot last Thursday (17May). But again the concern comes up for the guys that already picked up jets whether they will be grandfathered into the old system or tossed into the new one. Should find out more info on that sometime today.