• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6B Texan II at Whiting next week?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Got some shots from the Tower catwalk but not with the kinda camera Aircav has. Most would be redundant but I thought this flight-line one kinda puts things into perspective with the whole passing of the torch and all...

At first wondered why the hell they were coming back there, then realized they probably couldn't make the hub, or at least didn't plan on it, so much for split field when they're in the air.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
At first wondered why the hell they were coming back there, then realized they probably couldn't make the hub, or at least didn't plan on it, so much for split field when they're in the air.

No beta = full length at all times for those guys. Talking to an IP on the transition team and the tower chief when I was up there, the next few months are going to be dedicated to prac-app of working the kinks out of integrating the two into flight ops - course rules, break, working areas, OLF's, etc.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like the "front and back" orange paint scheme vice the "full body" orange T-6 scheme. There goes another tradition.

-ea6bflyr ;)

t2-formation-01.jpg

T45.jpg

ta4j700.jpg

T34.jpg

T39_01_cnatra_navy.jpg

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
"The new plane flies at a maximum of 316 knots. The old one tops out at 280 knots."

Yea...good luck getting there.

Straight down you could hit 280 :D Straight and level, max power, all I ever saw was 190 maybe 195 when cold out. The 34 was slow as shit and this is coming from someone who flew COD's!!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Eh, it's not that bad. I did 280 a couple of times on descents. My personal best was 296 on the GPS...I ran out of altitude for the level off before I could eek out those last 4 knots and make a nice round number. I did enjoy a smooth 260 knots GS, straight and level, going from Colorado Springs to OKC on a CCX one time.

Hearing the T-6 numbers here in this thread, sounds like San Dog will be back in play for CCX again, eventually.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A Little History...

I like the "front and back" orange paint scheme vice the "full body" orange T-6 scheme. There goes another tradition.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Corry T-34.jpg
Attached photo from my primary...Saufley Field, April 1957. T-34 had just replaced the SNJ. Pre-"orange & white", the livery was all yellow with a wide black stripe in front of the windscreen. Same with T-28s at Whiting & Barin.
I guess that dates me!! (cough...wheeze...burp...!):sleep_125
BzB

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hoo He Be?

My dad was at Saufley as a Navcad in '57....maybe you all knew each other :)

MIDNJAC...PM me his name. I was in Navcad Preflight class 44-56, started primary at Saufley in March '57, mayhaps I know him. What community did he go to after flt trng?;)

*Way to go Chula Vista CA All Stars ***Little League World Champs!!!:icon_boun
BzB

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
web_090827-N-2070C-001.jpg

090827-N-2070C-001 WHITING FIELD, Fla. (Aug. 27, 2009) Fire trucks spray a bridge of water over two T-6B training aircraft to celebrate their arrival. The aircraft will be used to replace the venerable T-34C Turbo Mentor plane in flight training for student pilots. (U.S. Navy photo by Jay Cope/Released)