• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6B Texan II at Whiting next week?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Here's another, they should have kept the blue and white job I think.

5331_1194719275608_1457240956_55338.jpg

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed. The orange and white doesn't necessarily look bad, it's just the half and half like they have it painted on the T-6 now. If they went with a scheme like the T-34 or something that would be ok too.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I was envisioning the T-34 paint job transposed on the T-6...

I like the colors, but the paint job itself is crap.

Pilot123

pilot
If we're doing the whole orange & white thing for visibility I think it would make sense to have the tail painted orange as well...this paint job needs some work for sure.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
If we're doing the whole orange & white thing for visibility I think it would make sense to have the tail painted orange as well...this paint job needs some work for sure.

At least it's good to know that the T-34 has had different variations through its history, hopefully the same will be said of the T-6.

On the other hand, I think it's safe to say that even if I come back to the VTs I will never fly an orange and white T-34 again. I think a couple IPs I flew with said the same thing quite a few years back.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Damn. That's not attractive. Blue and white look better. Or all blue would have been sweet, too.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It's extra money to paint them red/orange and white as well. Better to have left them all the same from the bean counter stand point I assume.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
But they could have at least painted the BUNO on there the Navy way. All the livery looks so AF, still.

aircav06

None
Here are a few more hi-res pics from the rollout today.

Attachments

• T-6B arrival.jpg
    T-6B arrival.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 214
  • T-6B break.jpg
    T-6B break.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 216
  • T-6B rollout2.JPG
    T-6B rollout2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 243
  • t-6B rollout3.jpg
    t-6B rollout3.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 193
  • t-6B rollout4.jpg
    t-6B rollout4.jpg
    931.2 KB · Views: 209

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Israeli's did a much better job with clown paint (though it looks to be red and white, but details......) on their T-6's.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Got some shots from the Tower catwalk but not with the kinda camera Aircav has. Most would be redundant but I thought this flight-line one kinda puts things into perspective with the whole passing of the torch and all...

Attachments

• T-6B Water Arch 2.JPG
    T-6B Water Arch 2.JPG
    683.3 KB · Views: 255