• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6B Texan II at Whiting next week?

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
And here I thought the T-6A was a good looking craft...the cockpit of that Bravo is just something else.

Specs from Hawker Beechcraft, for those who want to drool...

http://www.hawkerbeechcraft.com/military/t-6b/T6b_litho07.pdf

Here's the cockpit...

phpd1m5aapm.jpg

magnetfreezer

If pilot training is anything like SNFO training was, will the studs be allowed to use any of the sweet electronic gadgets?:D

Kycntryboy

pilot
I can only imagine the made up emergencies that will appear in those sims. Plane looks awesome and has got to be a CC machine.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If pilot training is anything like SNFO training was, will the studs be allowed to use any of the sweet electronic gadgets?:D

That's the bad part about all the gucci shit. There's a TON of capability, but if it's in there, you're responsible to know how to work it. Same deal in the civilian world on checkrides.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I can see the fam1 one flight now for a stud. Okay, the engine status page, was that three pushes with the left ring finger, or four with my index finger. Huh? What? Oh shit, that's not it, no that's not it either . . . . boom head explodes.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Same deal in the civilian world on checkrides.

It's those insane people who have never flown a small airplane before and learn to fly in their freshly-bought G1000-equipped Cirrus SR22 or Cessna 400TT. Sheesh.

FWIW, the manual for the G1000 is 550 pages long.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Is it just me or does that paint job look ugly? Not that orange and white can be sexy...

Still no beta?