• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6B NATOPS

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Bubba is absolutely right. Enjoy as much free time you can get. It's nice to see the T-6s in orange/white vice the AF blue/white.

Which squadron you heading to? If you go to VT-2, my buddy "Worm" is an IP (P-3 guy). Good dude. Great stories from Kadena and PI.

mcarther101

I'm VT-3, in ground school for the T-6B. I keep hearing IP's and higher ups saying the last T-34 class is in October, but we have an entire fleet of T-6A/B's downed for maintenance right now... so I expect that date may be pushed back slightly.

jtmedli

pilot
???

!!! what ??? That can't be right...can it?

T6A/Bs are downed right now for a control malfunction that happened when a T-6A entered a spin and one cockpit lost all elevator authority and the other lost all aileron authority. Sooo...they're downing all of them until they get them all inspected which is proly gonna require pulling out all the ejection seats.

And no, 43% is not right. Dont know where that number came from. My class (13 total) has lost 3 guys which seems to be the average from what I've seen. Most of those being lost in the early stages of Contacts. The T-6 is apparently a little harder airplane to fly, and land, than T34 (or so I've been told).

jtmedli

pilot
Like the rest of us, study... Get with folks aheadbof you in the program to explain stuff.. Study some more...

Good advice. The FTIs and NATOPs are written pretty well. Between studying and chair flying and hitting the sims, you can get this stuff down pretty well. The Sim instructors are there to help as well. Show up knowing your stuff and they'll help you out as much as they can.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I have been having so many issues trying to register for either the airworthiness site or Natec's website. Anyone else have problems?

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
It said I had to register for an account before I could register my CAC card. Plus, the Navair site won't let me submit the application because it says I need to fill out a block that doesn't exist.

MIDNJAC2

pilot
T6A/Bs are downed right now for a control malfunction that happened when a T-6A entered a spin and one cockpit lost all elevator authority and the other lost all aileron authority.

haha wow, that is like that top gear episode where the wheel was on one side, and the accelerator/clutch/brakes were on the other side.....must have been a pretty interesting CRM predicament.

As for the rest of your post, I think the T-6 will absolutely set studs up better for the T-45 than the T-34 did.....for those guys going jets anyway. Typically the learning curve in jet BI/RI/Fams was a little less steep for the Vance dudes than the rest of us who came from the chuck. That all being said, it could also have been a Navy vs AF thing......