• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6B NATOPS

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
I'm currently in the final weeks of API, getting ready to head to NASWF for Primary in a few weeks. Word on the street is that they're done classing up T-34C students, so I was looking around for a T-6B NATOPS just to glance through prior to showing up.

People have posted links to the CNATRA website here, but I cannot seem to access that source. I know that the T-34C NATOPS is readily available online, but haven't had any luck with the Texan.

I'm not going to do any hardcore studying, but would like to have the manual to flip through if it's avaiable. I ask this at the risk of being told to "Train your liver on Pcola beach" which I plan on doing as well.

Anybody know where I can find this book? Electronic copy, of course...

Thanks!

HueyCobra8151

pilot
NASWF Book issue. Bring a CD. You can get a e-copy of a PCL and OPNAV 3710 as well.

/(insert joke making fun of you for starting to study way to effing early here)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
https://airworthiness.navair.navy.mil

From a CAC-enabled computer. For all your NATOPS/NTRP needs.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Word on the street is that they're done classing up T-34C students,...

Don't bet on it.

Besides, "glancing through it" isn't going to do you any good. There will be plenty of time later, whichever aircraft you get assigned to.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Don't worry about studying early. You won't understand NATOPS until they explain it to you. I refer again to my list of stuff to do while you wait to class up: eat, drink, sleep, workout, your girlfriend/wife, someone else's girlfriend/wife, Pensacola local, Admiral's daughter/girlfriend/wife/mistress... Rinse, lather, repeat.

You'll have enough study time and such after you class up. Have fun while you can. Enjoy flight school. Didn't study at all before I classed up. Did just fine.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Thanks all,

HueyCobra8151 - Thanks for that, figured they'd have it there, but didn't know if they'd help me out prior to my being assigned to the wing.

Squeeze - Thanks for the link, but I haven't been able to access that, even from a CAC computer. Perhaps my CAC credentials are incorrect.

NavAir42 - Any gouge on when VT-2 will be done classing up T-34C studs? Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to fly either aircraft, I was just curious if you had some info.

Bubba - Epic list, and I will do plenty of that :)

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Thanks all,
NavAir42 - Any gouge on when VT-2 will be done classing up T-34C studs? Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to fly either aircraft, I was just curious if you had some info.

I guess the 'ol turbo weenie isn't good enough for these new kids. Sad... Sad.

jarhead2b

Don't even think about studying ahead, got switched twice between the 34 and t6 in the weeks leading up to class up. This was after being issued books for one, so wait until ground school starts. Now you can study more important stuff like course rules which is not aircraft centric if you are a go getter. Don't have a link but someone on here should to find a pdf copy. If that's not available for viewing spend your time looking at basic aviation areas like decoding metars, tafs, notams basic ifs stuff you might have become rusty at. Oh yeah, have a good time, I've never had this much free time in my six years in the military.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Exactly what Jarhead said. . .We were told that we were one of the last T-34 classes, and that by now, there are only supposed to be two more classes of T-34 students. As usual, that's the ENS gouge, so your mileage may vary.

My $.02, enjoy API while you can and spend some time relaxing, you're going to need it before you come up here.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Honestly, don't even worry about course rules. They'll teach you that during ground school. A couple hours of looking at the charts and a little chair flying is really all you need to get the rules down pat. Even with that, you'll be asses and elbows the first time you fly Course Rules.

Enjoy the time between API and Primary.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Gotcha, well I won't waste my time if the T-34C/T-6B question is still in the air. I'd heard from multiple folks that they were done with the Mentors at Whiting come the end of the Fiscal Year, but if that's not the case I won't bother studying what could become the wrong aircraft. That's what I get for believing the Ensign rumor mill...

Looks like this'll give me more time to spend at Flounder's.... :) Thanks guys, really appreciate it!