• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6B NATOPS

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
The far more interesting question: how long will the FITU continue to have current T-34 IPs to train guys for the satellite sites? Or will the Wing 5 Commodore pass the torch to the Corpus Commodore? I'm not sure that would be a good thing.

<----------Your answer lies under my user name. OK, so maybe not entirely answer your question, but the FITU is completely shutdown at Whiting.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
<----------Your answer lies under my user name. OK, so maybe not entirely answer your question, but the FITU is completely shutdown at Whiting.

The whole FITU or just the T-34 side? If it's the whole thing, I'm surprised. At one point, they had Corpus looking at going to a FITU model and Whiting was going to a split model for both platforms.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
My bad, just the T-34 side is shut down. The T-6 side of the house is all there is now at the FITU.

Reconjoe

A little more RUMINT:

College buddy just started VT2 ground school on Monday and they were told that they would be the "next to last T-34 class"

Makes sense, that class he briefed won't start for another couple weeks at best....

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Checked into TW5 today for about 10 seconds before they told me to get my shit and get over to VT-6 ASAP.

Last T-34 class-up date written on the board behind the desks was 17Oct...looks like the old T-34 will be done at Whiting after that.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Just got done with the physiology portion of API and everyone going to Whiting got a T-6B qual. No more dual-qual going on. Corpus and Vance folks got T-34C training, NFO's got T-6A and Whiting got T-6B.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
The word we got was that the USAF didn't recognize the USN training, so the Vance studs were indeed sent through T-34C training...doesn't make much sense, but that's how they did it (at least for my class).

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
yeah, the Vance guys didn't even do ALL of the T-34 training in my class. They also have to repeat portions of API when they get to Vance because the AF combines API with Primary ground school (or something like that).

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Interesting......I remember the Vance folks and NFO's all breaking off for their T-6A training back when I did it. Maybe things are different now that the Navy does the T-6 for pilot primary as well....