• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6B NATOPS

jtmedli

pilot
haha wow, that is like that top gear episode where the wheel was on one side, and the accelerator/clutch/brakes were on the other side.....must have been a pretty interesting CRM predicament.

As for the rest of your post, I think the T-6 will absolutely set studs up better for the T-45 than the T-34 did.....for those guys going jets anyway. Typically the learning curve in jet BI/RI/Fams was a little less steep for the Vance dudes than the rest of us who came from the chuck. That all being said, it could also have been a Navy vs AF thing......

That CRM probably consisted of "It's doing what?...oh shit...". Definitely not a fun position to be in when you realize the controls just broke.

I'm sure it does. T-6 is a nice airplane and definitely fast when you want it to go. I wont lie, it's nice doing 240 on course rules on the way back. I'm not in RI's yet, so I cant really tell you what it's like. Seems like a lot of learning how to use the FMS system.

MIDNJAC2

pilot
haha yeah, it's still me, there was just some loss of username in the forum switch......my old posts are now under my username from way back in like '02 or something....C-IR83

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I can change your C-IR83 username to MIDNJAC if you want and then you'll "lose" this MIDNJAC "permanently." But at least the hot chick avatar will be back. Let me know.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Okay, done. Your "MIDNJAC" has been changed to MIDNJAC2 just in case there was a PM or something you wanted to grab. You've probably been kicked out of the forum, in the process, so just log back in and you should be good.

MIDNJAC2

pilot
Okay, done. Your "MIDNJAC" has been changed to MIDNJAC2 just in case there was a PM or something you wanted to grab. You've probably been kicked out of the forum, in the process, so just log back in and you should be good.

Much appreciated, though it is now giving me a password incorrect error for the old MIDNJAC.....how would I do a password reset?

Reconjoe

Why do you think T-6B students have a 43% attrition rate out of Primary?
Where did this figure come from?

I flew with one of the TRAWING Five staff officers yesterday, says he just gave the welcome aboard brief to the last class of T-34 students going VT2 this week (last planned group of T-34 students at least). Look's like NAS Whiting is T-6B for new students from here on out (allegedly).

KBayDog

tactical%20facepalm.jpg

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

I flew with one of the TRAWING Five staff officers yesterday, says he just gave the welcome aboard brief to the last class of T-34 students going VT2 this week (last planned group of T-34 students at least). Look's like NAS Whiting is T-6B for new students from here on out (allegedly).
A little more RUMINT:

College buddy just started VT2 ground school on Monday and they were told that they would be the "next to last T-34 class"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The far more interesting question: how long will the FITU continue to have current T-34 IPs to train guys for the satellite sites? Or will the Wing 5 Commodore pass the torch to the Corpus Commodore? I'm not sure that would be a good thing.