• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 Natops

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I signed up for an account as well there. I needed to call their helpdesk a few times but the women who answered was very helpful and got my account set up relatively quickly. If the site starts giving you flack definitely call them.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Still have no problems with it.

I've been eagerly studying my Growler NATOPS :)

Though the CV NATOPS is nice to get to look.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
For some reason I've been unable to open this site. Anyone who was able to download the electronic version of the T-45 NATOPs care to email it to me?

And yes, I realize this thread is nearly eight months old.

Sometime between a month and eight months ago the Airworthiness site was cut off to the non-NMCI world. You still have to have a .mil address to initialize your account, and now you also have to access from an NMCI computer. To get the file to your home PC, the next step would be putting it on a CD-R... just don't try to use the windows CD-writing utility: it doesn't work on NMCI machines.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Sometime between a month and eight months ago the Airworthiness site was cut off to the non-NMCI world. You still have to have a .mil address to initialize your account, and now you also have to access from an NMCI computer....
from home with a CAC & reader, I just accessed the airworthiness website, got an account, and have access to that website & the NATOPS manuals found there.

SF

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
from home with a CAC & reader, I just accessed the airworthiness website, got an account, and have access to that website & the NATOPS manuals found there.

SF

Fine, then. You don't need an NMCI computer, you simply need a CAC reader and the PKI certificates and .mil accts made available through it. I'm just (improperly) assuming that advanced studs wouldn't have done that yet... which reminds me... I've been meaning to nerd out on that lately.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Fine, then. You don't need an NMCI computer, you simply need a CAC reader and the PKI certificates and .mil accts made available through it. I'm just (improperly) assuming that advanced studs wouldn't have done that yet... which reminds me... I've been meaning to nerd out on that lately.

Not to long ago, I went to the NMCI bubbas in Meridian asking for the PKI software for my home computer. The lady there said that it was a strange request and I'd have to submit my reason to the main guy, but it was unusual and unless I had a dire need to access the stuff at home, they probably wouldn't give it to me. Personally, I think she was full of crap, since before I even finished explaining why I wanted it, she was already telling me that it couldn't be done. I was able to get the stuff I needed so whatever. By the way, does anyone have a digital copy of the systems book (since the NATOPS reads like stereo instructions) for the Harrier?

magnetfreezer

Not to long ago, I went to the NMCI bubbas in Meridian asking for the PKI software for my home computer. The lady there said that it was a strange request and I'd have to submit my reason to the main guy, but it was unusual and unless I had a dire need to access the stuff at home, they probably wouldn't give it to me. Personally, I think she was full of crap, since before I even finished explaining why I wanted it, she was already telling me that it couldn't be done. I was able to get the stuff I needed so whatever. By the way, does anyone have a digital copy of the systems book (since the NATOPS reads like stereo instructions) for the Harrier?

Standard for the NMCI guys. If it's anything beyond Word and Internet exploder they get scared. Try this for the CAC software: http://www.futenma.usmc.mil/OWA.htm

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

You have a "systems" book for a fleet aircraft? I thought FTIs were only in flight school. Granted, it seems like a complicated aircraft.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
You have a "systems" book for a fleet aircraft? I thought FTIs were only in flight school. Granted, it seems like a complicated aircraft.

I'm not sure if there even is one. I visited some friends up at New River this weekend and heard something about a systems book for the -53. I kinda just figured there would be something like that to supplement the NATOPs. Do you guys not have anything like that in the -60?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor

We have the "Pilot Job Aid" for the P-3 types. It's got a whole bunch of "systems lite" chapters and then a whole bunch of procedures.

Re: NMCI

Huge redass to do it all on the up and up. On the Mac side, you can get Webmail and pretty much everything but DTS working by just buying a reader and following the tutorials online.

Windows side: you need to get the middleware from your command. Or pay $75 for it from thesoftware distributor. Or talk to someone who jumped through all the hoops and has the disk. Next time I have to do it, I might just skip all the red tape and go the "enterprising JO route."

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Re: NMCI

Huge redass to do it all on the up and up. On the Mac side, you can get Webmail and pretty much everything but DTS working by just buying a reader and following the tutorials online.

Windows side: you need to get the middleware from your command. Or pay $75 for it from thesoftware distributor. Or talk to someone who jumped through all the hoops and has the disk. Next time I have to do it, I might just skip all the red tape and go the "enterprising JO route."

You know you can just download the Windows ActiveClient (or whatever it's called) from the NMCI webpage. It's free and is far smaller than a CD.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm not sure if there even is one. I visited some friends up at New River this weekend and heard something about a systems book for the -53. I kinda just figured there would be something like that to supplement the NATOPs. Do you guys not have anything like that in the -60?

We have our Natops, a squadron Maneuver Description guide in addition to the TACMAN etc, but nothing like a flight school-esque "FTI". It'd be nice if there was one. We do have some gouge though.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

There are 3 primary pubs for the Harrier - the NFM, the NTRP (aka NATIP... all the info about weapons, weapon systems, sensors, etc...), and the ANTTP (the secret pub that is all about tactical planning and employment). There are no gouge books that I'm aware of (but there are plenty of supplemental books like the Harrier Engine Book, the DEPRES articles, the Rolls Royce FOD book, etc...)

Study and know those 3 pubs and you'll get to where you need to be knowledge-wise as a fleet attack pilot. For the RAG, know the NATOPS, MAG/VMAT SOPs and the T&R... crack the other pubs on an as-needed basis when you get to those points in the syllabus.

If you can study ahead, great, but the odds of you understanding and being able to apply most of the info in the NATIP/ANTTP early on in the RAG is slim.

Mos

None
Just got the T-6 NATOPS. 478 pages, ouch! And I'm told that fleet aircraft NFMs are much worse.