• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

exNavyOffRec

The only way you get a Pro-Rec is if you're at the board.

The letter says the dates. The board according to the memo convened for an entire week.
It would be interesting to see if this is an anomaly due to external factors or if they are doing like CEC has done where the applications are sent to each board member, and each board member ranks their picks, then they are sent for compiling, and then when compiled they look at the picks and only then is the board then complete.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Sir I'm not really making myself clear.

The package was submitted and received before the deadline.
I checked the at board list about two weeks before the board, name not on it.
Called OR, he called the processor to confirm I was at board.
I was told that my package was at the February board.
Even Last week we were talking about a different package and he said that I would have to wait until my board results are out.
I think that's the kicker, I'm not sure what's with the OR relaying incorrect info to you. I hope your luck improves that's a raw deal...

zarevich

Was it this board that if I recall correctly where your package had to be submitted earlier than the deadline due to not having enough spots and if you submitted after the early deadline the package was going for the April board?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
It would be interesting to see if this is an anomaly due to external factors or if they are doing like CEC has done where the applications are sent to each board member, and each board member ranks their picks, then they are sent for compiling, and then when compiled they look at the picks and only then is the board then complete.
That's interesting. I was wondering if they did that for the boards, at least in my mind that's how it'd be done.

exNavyOffRec

That's interesting. I was wondering if they did that for the boards, at least in my mind that's how it'd be done.

most were in a room and then would knock them out as a group, because CEC accessions officers were all different places they did it different, so one could do the evaluations on Monday, another Thursday, and the other Friday, then they would schedule a time to go over the stacking make sure at the cutoff there weren't any "ties". that led to long board times.

Sir I'm not really making myself clear.

The package was submitted and received before the deadline.
I checked the at board list about two weeks before the board, name not on it.
Called OR, he called the processor to confirm I was at board.
I was told that my package was at the February board.
Even Last week we were talking about a different package and he said that I would have to wait until my board results are out.
My OR showed me what he saw on his end and it said that my package was received by the board but it was still pending pro board assignment. So we rolled to April board. Could be we are extra Pro-rec Y's and there wasn't enough room on this board to be selected ?

almond_615

My OR showed me what he saw on his end and it said that my package was received by the board but it was still pending pro board assignment. So we rolled to April board. Could be we are extra Pro-rec Y's and there wasn't enough room on this board to be selected ?

They selected for fy-22 on this board.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
@NavyOCSHopeful

Yeah you can write, sign, and submit an official letter stating you wish to go as soon as possible. There were people doing that from some recent boards. I'm unaware of the specifics of the process.

Besides a hardship waiver or age critical that's the only way of getting in quicker unless your OR jumps on an open date for you.