• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PontusPilot

Contributor
Hope everyone is doing good! Not much longer!

Does anyone have a general idea as to when the “at board list” will be posted? I checked for it the other day, wasn’t there yet...
Probably the 16/17th with Monday being a federal holiday

PontusPilot

Contributor
I'm not familiar with an at board list where would I find it once its available and what does it entail?
It just shows what packages will be looked at for this board. I think from the Genoff list only 140 packages will be looked at for this board, and if im reading it right 279 packages are currently waiting for the board. I interested to see if my package will even make it to this board or be pushed. I think I have SWO as my 3rd choice.

DesertDan

For those applying using the fleet application, how many of you ran over the 250 word limit for the personal statement/ do you think running long is an issue? Find it hard to formulate why I want this job in less than a paragraph or two.

Also, block 31 asking about "previous applications/ attendance to any commissioning programs." I've applied to NROTC twice many years ago and wasn't selected. Does this need to be noted? My CCC has been less than helpful so far. Thanks

almond_615

For those applying using the fleet application, how many of you ran over the 250 word limit for the personal statement/ do you think running long is an issue? Find it hard to formulate why I want this job in less than a paragraph or two.

Also, block 31 asking about "previous applications/ attendance to any commissioning programs." I've applied to NROTC twice many years ago and wasn't selected. Does this need to be noted? My CCC has been less than helpful so far. Thanks

Yes. There is a word limit for a reason. My suggestion to you is to seek out a mentor who can assist you.

Late to the thread.

Prior Service: None
Education: BS Computer Science, UC Davis
GPA: 3.76
OAR: 73
LOR: former professor, current employer, O-5 (Navy)

Hey everyone, I submitted my application for the aviation board and the SWO board. SWOs my third choice, but looks like I’ll be pushed to this board if I don’t get selected for either SNA or NFO. The at-board list that will be posted a week before the board convenes might clarify things if I’m on it or not. Wish you all the best of luck!!
If your package was submitted why would you not be on it? I thought all packages were looked at if they were submitted

Duffman

None
Contributor
Not all packages make it to the board, for many reasons including administrative errors with the package.
Recently there has been a quota that has to be met and if there’s an over flow of applicants in a certain NRD some of them get rolled over to the next board.