• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

zarevich

My preference is intel but since that's so competitive and I'm nearing the age limit I'm thinking of trying for SWO as well assuming I'm not already effectively aged out. I'm also just a little impatient

Civilian
Age - 28 (turn 29 February 2021)
Bachelors - Criminal Justice and National Security (GPA 3.1)
Masters - Working on a degree in Intelligence Analysis from a top 20 school. Expected graduation Summer 2021 (GPA 4.0)
OAR - 55 from when I took it cold about 4 years ago. I'm scheduled to retake on the 15th and hope to get 60+
LORS - Hopefully I'll have a Senator that I used to work for and maybe a retired Air Force general (don't know a lot on the Navy side unfortunately)
Waivers - Will have to get a medical waiver for testicular cancer which is what kept me out in 2016. I was told by my recruiter then that it was about a 50/50 chance but that he'd seen people get a waiver if they pushed for one and enough time had passed so I'm hopeful this time.
Limited working proficiency in French
Elementary working proficiency in Arabic and German

Assuming I can get the waiver I think my age and undergrad GPA will be the biggest issues but not much I can do about those but just wait and see.
Age limit for Intel is 18-42 and SWO is 19-32. Plenty of time for you to make it. Good luck!

BasketballisLife

What response do you get back when you submit?
I applied to the IWC 30NOV2020 board as an enlisted fleet applicant. However, when I sent in my package either Paul Celestin, CNRC, or the OCS email sent me an email saying they "received my application for processing and sent my medical documents for review" or something like that (I don't remember the exact verbiage) after about one day. Then about 2-3 days later I received a "qualified for commissioning" N33 letter from Paul Celestin.

Shill

A smooth sea never made a skilled Sailor.
I applied to the IWC 30NOV2020 board as an enlisted fleet applicant. However, when I sent in my package either Paul Celestin, CNRC, or the OCS email sent me an email saying they "received my application for processing and sent my medical documents for review" or something like that (I don't remember the exact verbiage) after about one day. Then about 2-3 days later I received a "qualified for commissioning" N33 letter from Paul Celestin.
Thanks for the response, I'm pretty much done with my package and going to send it in a couple days. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Mikencheese

My recruiter just informed me that this board got ‘closed’. They said the next SWO board will fall into the next fiscal year. “Packet due by Mar 12. The board convenes on Apr 12”.

xjoellemae

ENS - SWO
My recruiter just informed me that this board got ‘closed’. They said the next SWO board will fall into the next fiscal year. “Packet due by Mar 12. The board convenes on Apr 12”.
For anyone who just freaked a little like I did: this board is still happening. If your application is in or you're being processed and everything will be done by the January 15th deadline, you're good. All "closed" means is that there's no way a recruiter can get someone new processed by the deadline.

xjoellemae

ENS - SWO
I'm sending mine in a few days. Did you get a response saying that the medical portion is good?
Or should I say what response did you get back..lol
I was waiting on a waiver, my recruiter sent me the letter that said I was approved for the medical waiver. After that, he sent me a screenshot that said my application was "Submitted for consideration."

Mikencheese

For anyone who just freaked a little like I did: this board is still happening. If your application is in or you're being processed and everything will be done by the January 15th deadline, you're good. All "closed" means is that there's no way a recruiter can get someone new processed by the deadline.
That would be odd because my packet is 99% complete with no issues.