• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I was told this board is being cancelled? Is that true? Something about COVID and quotas and such? My recruiter told me SWO would open back up in April. Has anyone heard similar?

xjoellemae

ENS - SWO
I was told this board is being cancelled? Is that true? Something about COVID and quotas and such? My recruiter told me SWO would open back up in April. Has anyone heard similar?
I just called my recruiter. As of today, this board has NOT been cancelled. Quotas came out and they’re drastically reduced compared to other boards. That’s it. Just a smaller selection number, but things can change so just because it’s green lighted today doesn’t mean it can’t be cancelled in the future.

I just called my recruiter. As of today, this board has NOT been cancelled. Quotas came out and they’re drastically reduced compared to other boards. That’s it. Just a smaller selection number, but things can change so just because it’s green lighted today doesn’t mean it can’t be cancelled in the future.
my recruiter is not letting me apply for this board.... should I just insist on my package being sent anyways?

xjoellemae

ENS - SWO
my recruiter is not letting me apply for this board.... should I just insist on my package being sent anyways?
Do you have any waivers? Mine said that due to the lowered quotas, they’re going to prioritize consideration for people without waivers. Your recruiter might just be trying to help you from getting rejected and put you in for the next one you would have a more likely shot at.

Do you have any waivers? Mine said that due to the lowered quotas, they’re going to prioritize consideration for people without waivers. Your recruiter might just be trying to help you from getting rejected and put you in for the next one you would have a more likely shot at.

No waivers. I'm actually the guy who started this thread haha, I just forgot my password and must have mistyped my email xD

AO1SALAS

Active Duty, Current LPO at Sea
Package currently at the CCC
Rate: AO1
Pins: AW/SW
Years in Service: 11yrs, 4mos.
OAR: 40
GPA: 3.70
Degree: Business Administration
Evals:MP,EP,EP,EP (Haven't recieved current eval as of yet.)
Appraisals:O5(SWO),O4(SWO),O4(LDO) All 10's.
Waivers: none
x3NAM
BPME,PPME
Green Belt Lean Six Sigma
SAPR VA, UPC, CRT
President Vol. Service Award
x2 LPO at Sea
SWO is first and only choice

Crossing my fingers for this board couldn't apply for 9NOV due to waiting on my school to certify my bachelor's that i earned in August but wasn't official until November.

My preference is intel but since that's so competitive and I'm nearing the age limit I'm thinking of trying for SWO as well assuming I'm not already effectively aged out. I'm also just a little impatient

Civilian
Age - 28 (turn 29 February 2021)
Bachelors - Criminal Justice and National Security (GPA 3.1)
Masters - Working on a degree in Intelligence Analysis from a top 20 school. Expected graduation Summer 2021 (GPA 4.0)
OAR - 55 from when I took it cold about 4 years ago. I'm scheduled to retake on the 15th and hope to get 60+
LORS - Hopefully I'll have a Senator that I used to work for and maybe a retired Air Force general (don't know a lot on the Navy side unfortunately)
Waivers - Will have to get a medical waiver for testicular cancer which is what kept me out in 2016. I was told by my recruiter then that it was about a 50/50 chance but that he'd seen people get a waiver if they pushed for one and enough time had passed so I'm hopeful this time.
Limited working proficiency in French
Elementary working proficiency in Arabic and German

Assuming I can get the waiver I think my age and undergrad GPA will be the biggest issues but not much I can do about those but just wait and see.

exNavyOffRec

My preference is intel but since that's so competitive and I'm nearing the age limit I'm thinking of trying for SWO as well assuming I'm not already effectively aged out. I'm also just a little impatient

Civilian
Age - 28 (turn 29 February 2021)
Bachelors - Criminal Justice and National Security (GPA 3.1)
Masters - Working on a degree in Intelligence Analysis from a top 20 school. Expected graduation Summer 2021 (GPA 4.0)
OAR - 55 from when I took it cold about 4 years ago. I'm scheduled to retake on the 15th and hope to get 60+
LORS - Hopefully I'll have a Senator that I used to work for and maybe a retired Air Force general (don't know a lot on the Navy side unfortunately)
Waivers - Will have to get a medical waiver for testicular cancer which is what kept me out in 2016. I was told by my recruiter then that it was about a 50/50 chance but that he'd seen people get a waiver if they pushed for one and enough time had passed so I'm hopeful this time.
Limited working proficiency in French
Elementary working proficiency in Arabic and German

Assuming I can get the waiver I think my age and undergrad GPA will be the biggest issues but not much I can do about those but just wait and see.
your OAR is fine, no sense in retaking it. The other thing is should you get a No on the first board then you can retake and use that as the "significant change" to apply again within 6 months.

your waiver for cancer is more of a long shot and that is what I would be concerned about, it is worth seeing what N3M will say but I never saw anyone who has had cancer get a waiver. This is what you should wait for, before doing anything else.

Yeah the waiver was my main concern but all three recruiters I've talked to said it shouldn't be a big problem. I'm guessing that it also works in my favor that I'm now 7 years out from it and I didn't have to undergo chemo or radiation. Just a surgery to remove the testicle and some of the lymph nodes. My doctor who performed the surgery was also former Air Force and said that he didn't see any reason why it would cause an issue and write a note testifying to that.

I'll be skeptical until I get the waiver though so hopefully the process won't take too long and I'll have an answer soon enough.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah the waiver was my main concern but all three recruiters I've talked to said it shouldn't be a big problem. I'm guessing that it also works in my favor that I'm now 7 years out from it and I didn't have to undergo chemo or radiation. Just a surgery to remove the testicle and some of the lymph nodes. My doctor who performed the surgery was also former Air Force and said that he didn't see any reason why it would cause an issue and write a note testifying to that.

I'll be skeptical until I get the waiver though so hopefully the process won't take too long and I'll have an answer soon enough.

Time is an important factor, as well as the type of cancer, the only thing you can do is ask, they will look not only at your treatment and recovery but also factor in the chance of having cancer again as what they will also do is try to minimize risk to the USN.

It is lucky you caught this when you did, even if they don't waiver you at least you are healthy.

rpitt005

Just how many slots are open for this board? They have been accepting around 250 with around 500 applicants the last couple boards from what I gather. If the trend continues and they still have 500 applicants and they drastically reduce it then that would be a lot of rejected people.