• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 19 AUG 2019

Justice22293

“I just transmitted your Navy Surface Warfare Officer (SWO) application to selection board clerk at Navy Recruiting Command. NC1 X will keep you posted on its progress.”

I received this email on July 8th and haven’t heard back from my recruiter since. From what I understand, I’m sitting for this board. Best of luck to everyone! Hooyah

GPA 3.8, B.S., M.S.
OAR 47

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
“I just transmitted your Navy Surface Warfare Officer (SWO) application to selection board clerk at Navy Recruiting Command. NC1 X will keep you posted on its progress.”

I received this email on July 8th and haven’t heard back from my recruiter since. From what I understand, I’m sitting for this board. Best of luck to everyone! Hooyah

GPA 3.8, B.S., M.S.
OAR 47

Why else would you need an update?

jwarren4

Has anyone gotten official word that the board date moved? I’ve seen some different timelines here but my OR said it’s still the same
I was told that it was moved back a week but that was it. My OR sent me a photo of the email that she received saying that saying they will be meeting on the 26th

AT2Pax

Not applying for this board but am looking at the 04NOV board. However, I am currently enlisted and am going to need a medical waiver. What I have is an eye disease that was stopped with a new procuedure that DoD started doing in 2016. I am 20/20 with both eyes uncorrect but am only 20/40 in my right eye. My right eye can only be corrected to 20/20 with a special contact lens. I am 100% deployable and see the the Navy put out some guidance for these types of waivers, however, there is almost no information available. Anyone have any experience with Enlisted to Officer waivers and the process?

Seawolf_2020

Navy guy
Not applying for this board but am looking at the 04NOV board. However, I am currently enlisted and am going to need a medical waiver. What I have is an eye disease that was stopped with a new procuedure that DoD started doing in 2016. I am 20/20 with both eyes uncorrect but am only 20/40 in my right eye. My right eye can only be corrected to 20/20 with a special contact lens. I am 100% deployable and see the the Navy put out some guidance for these types of waivers, however, there is almost no information available. Anyone have any experience with Enlisted to Officer waivers and the process?
DM the specific medical condition. I’ll look to see if it’s a disqualifying factor. Recently N3M has been approving most things that I send up. 2 or 3 years ago they were denying everything so I would get that waiver up ASAP. I’ll tell you this, lasik or PRK is waiverable, but continuous degrading eye conditions usually get denied. As for you currently active duty and deployable is great, but you still have to complete a 2807 and 2808 just like civilians applying and it undergoes the same waiver process for the most part. Get that commissioning phys done and send it!

exNavyOffRec

If both can be corrected to 20/20 I would be hopeful.

ohmyty

Hey everybody! I also applied for this board!
I haven’t heard anything about the date being moved back.
It’s looking like the board will meet on the 26th now?
Thanks!

CoDecoy

I’m in this board.
First time with solo SWO on my application. Attempted to apply swo, SWO-Intel/CW but I didn’t get picked up earlier in the year. Got dropped from SWO earlier as I was turning 29 before the board date and before the new PA was released in June and my recruiter told me I aged out.
Now I’m; 29 years old, 54 OAR, 3.2gpa in BA Psychology with plenty of leadership, management, department head experience to go around.
Good luck all.

kbal731

I’m in this board.
First time with solo SWO on my application. Attempted to apply swo, SWO-Intel/CW but I didn’t get picked up earlier in the year. Got dropped from SWO earlier as I was turning 29 before the board date and before the new PA was released in June and my recruiter told me I aged out.
Now I’m; 29 years old, 54 OAR, 3.2gpa in BA Psychology with plenty of leadership, management, department head experience to go around.
Good luck all.

Yeah that new PA changed a lot, had it come out sooner plans would probably have been different..., my original plan was to commission through the MC (and go the ODS route) after completing my masters which I was suppose to start this fall. But seeing that my chance to serve was coming to a close and how much more competitive it is to get get picked up in MC, I jumped on SWO. Continuing education has no age limit, but serving in the navy does lol . I'm still sticking with SWO though!

huskybiz

Has anyone gotten official word that the board date moved? I’ve seen some different timelines here but my OR said it’s still the same

I'm currently active duty enlisted recruiting and I asked my officer recruiting counterparts. They said that they have not gotten word that it was moved. Take that for what you will.

jwarren4

I got this from my OR about 2 weeks back
I'm currently active duty enlisted recruiting and I asked my officer recruiting counterparts. They said that they have not gotten word that it was moved. Take that for what you will.
I got this from my OR about 2 weeks back

Attachments

• 586274792_01.jpg
    586274792_01.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 71