• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 19 AUG 2019

James Lee

When is the board for your first choice? I’ve seen around here that if you’re picked up on your first choice you won’t be selected for your subsequent ones
I just heard back today from my recruiter that I was selected for NFO and the board was Aug 13. He asked me if I wanted to accept NFO or wait for the results of the other boards so I am not sure if that is true.

jwarren4

I just heard back today from my recruiter that I was selected for NFO and the board was Aug 13. He asked me if I wanted to accept NFO or wait for the results of the other boards so I am not sure if that is true.
If I qualified for NFO I would take that.

ENWaite

Here is something I put together during my lunch break to visualize some basic data from this board and the previous one in June. These figures DO NOT guarantee that you will/will not be selected. This is just a reference comparing information from this board vs. the previous one (OAR score, GPA, Age, and Prior Service). Take from it what you will, but it is just a good idea (in my opinion) to see those that were selected and possibly why.

Attachments

• OAR JUN STATS.xlsx
    26.3 KB · Views: 124

Seawolf_2020

Navy guy
Here is something I put together during my lunch break to visualize some basic data from this board and the previous one in June. These figures DO NOT guarantee that you will/will not be selected. This is just a reference comparing information from this board vs. the previous one (OAR score, GPA, Age, and Prior Service). Take from it what you will, but it is just a good idea (in my opinion) to see those that were selected and possibly why.
Nicely done! Too bad not everyone uses Airwarriors or we would have more accurate data. ?‍♂️

jwarren4

Oof, Didnt realize my OAR was one of the lowest

BroskiOCS

Here is something I put together during my lunch break to visualize some basic data from this board and the previous one in June. These figures DO NOT guarantee that you will/will not be selected. This is just a reference comparing information from this board vs. the previous one
Oof, Didnt realize my OAR was one of the lowest
Haaaa. Whatever dude....you have a solid GPA though.

ENWaite

Haaaa. Whatever dude....you have a solid GPA though.
Just to reiterate, it is not meant to discourage anyone about their chances of getting selected. This is based on a limited amount of data available, the complete array of numbers could tell a very different story. This is comparable to peaking through a keyhole, the bigger picture may alternate significantly.

If anyone applying would like to help, please leave your OAR score, GPA, Age, and confirmation/denial of prior service. This is completely optional.

Y30MaN

Y30MaN
Currently active duty YNS1.
GPA: 2.98
AOR: 43
Interviews (all 10s): SWO O-6, SWO O-4, (2) Submarine officers O-6s.
CO Endorsement (All Outstandings): O-10
Recommendation letters: All submarine officers (2) O-6s, and an O-5.
Evals: Last 4 evals all EPs.

My command thinks im pretty competitive, but looking at you all scores makes me sweat..lol, but good luck to all of you! I pray we all get selected.

huskybiz

32, Male
EMN1 (SW) current active duty
8.5 years total service
Awards: 2 NAM's
Last 4 evals - Regular MP, Transfer EP, Frocking P, Regular MP
OAR: 59
Degree: BS in Operations Management and Information System
GPA: 2.99
Interviews: All 10s. O-6, O-5, O-5, O-5
LORS: O-5, O-4, O-3

But since im 32 i had to request an age waiver so that may effect my chances.

Last edited:

BroskiOCS

Just to reiterate, it is not meant to discourage anyone about their chances of getting selected. This is based on a limited amount of data available, the complete array of numbers could tell a very different story. This is comparable to peaking through a keyhole, the bigger picture may alternate significantly.

If anyone applying would like to help, please leave your OAR score, GPA, Age, and confirmation/denial of prior service. This is completely optional.
Yeah for sure man. He was just nervous about his OAR and I wanted to point out that his GPA should compensate.

GmoneyAl88

More info on myself for a broader comparison.

25, male
2.5 years of account management/outside sales
3.1 GPA with a BS in mass communications
47 OAR
Former division 1 college football player (a little track on the side)
Multiple time captain on my football teams throughout college.
Volunteered as a coach at my local high school.
LOR: 2 from former supervisors, 1 from a former coach, 1 from a retired E-9 in the army

Hoping my athletic background and leadership background help.

Good luck to everyone