• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 19 AUG 2019

GmoneyAl88

I don't believe my packet is the most competitive which does worry me but I have heard they have lowered the minimums for SWO and have also been taking a much higher rate than in previous years due to high demand so I am hoping for the best.

OAR: 46
GPA: 3.43 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
LOR: Former Supervisor (All having prior military
Experience: 2 years Wildlife Management, 1 year Aerospace Manufacturing
Yup they are selecting at a high rate plus it’s still early for FY20 so they have their quotas. GPA is good and OAR is above minimum bud

exNavyOffRec

Yup they are selecting at a high rate plus it’s still early for FY20 so they have their quotas. GPA is good and OAR is above minimum bud

They have been filling FY 20 spots for several months, and "early in the FY" doesn't mean much, they restrict the numbers until the hard numbers come out in roughly Jan, then they can select based on hard numbers, so what that basically results in is that it doesn't really matter when the board is held, the chances of being selected really only depend on how many more or less people are at that board to be reviewed.

Seawolf_2020

Navy guy
If it makes any of you feel any better I got a 42 on the OAR. I’m apprehensive about my score for obvious reasons but you never know. Ill let you all know if I get the call after the board results!

Marceli

If it makes any of you feel any better I got a 42 on the OAR. I’m apprehensive about my score for obvious reasons but you never know. Ill let you all know if I get the call after the board results!
You should be good, as long as you scored more than 40 in the OAR. Best of luck!

Taylom32

Hello All,

I am applying for the SWO option 11600. However, I do not know if I am very competitive. I need honest un-filtered advice, do not hold back if you do not think I have a chance. Below I hav listed my background.

Bachelors from Embry Riddle with a lowly 2.78 GPA. I completed the majority of my bachelors while in a deployable squadron on Active Duty (Deployed once in a four year period) which is not an excuse for my GPA but it impacted my GPA.

1. I am currently a Naval Reservist and a Aviation Structural Mechanic Second Class (AM2/E5). I have four years active duty and three years reserve. During that time I have had good evaluations, with minor eval continuity problems due to paperwork issues while in the reserves.
  2. During my deployment with the seventh fleet, I received a Fleet Letter of Accommodation from a the commander of the 7th fleet R.L Thomas.
  3. I am fully qualified in my rating in the navy and have serve as a work center supervisor to the airframes shop as well as the line shack.
  4. I am currently a police officer as a civilian and have been for the past three years.
  5. I completed four courses towards my MBA with western governors university.
  6. I scored a 51 on the OAR and 5/5/5 on the ASTB, although, i understand it is not applicable to the SWO designator.

kbal731

Hello All,

I am applying for the SWO option 11600. However, I do not know if I am very competitive. I need honest un-filtered advice, do not hold back if you do not think I have a chance. Below I hav listed my background.

Bachelors from Embry Riddle with a lowly 2.78 GPA. I completed the majority of my bachelors while in a deployable squadron on Active Duty (Deployed once in a four year period) which is not an excuse for my GPA but it impacted my GPA.

1. I am currently a Naval Reservist and a Aviation Structural Mechanic Second Class (AM2/E5). I have four years active duty and three years reserve. During that time I have had good evaluations, with minor eval continuity problems due to paperwork issues while in the reserves.
  2. During my deployment with the seventh fleet, I received a Fleet Letter of Accommodation from a the commander of the 7th fleet R.L Thomas.
  3. I am fully qualified in my rating in the navy and have serve as a work center supervisor to the airframes shop as well as the line shack.
  4. I am currently a police officer as a civilian and have been for the past three years.
  5. I completed four courses towards my MBA with western governors university.
  6. I scored a 51 on the OAR and 5/5/5 on the ASTB, although, i understand it is not applicable to the SWO designator.

There's no crystal ball, but you're still above the minimum requirements, so there's def a shot. Just hope the recent trends of +90% selection continues and you should should be good. Good luck!

jwarren4

Does any have any clue at the amount of people they are looking to take or even the amount that has put in?

kbal731

Has anyone gotten official word that the board date moved? I’ve seen some different timelines here but my OR said it’s still the same

GmoneyAl88

Has anyone gotten official word that the board date moved? I’ve seen some different timelines here but my OR said it’s still the same
I asked my OR more than once and he told
Me it’s been pushed to September idk if that’s the official word but idk why he would lie haha