• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 19 AUG 2019

Y30MaN

Y30MaN
Hey everyone, i've been lurking for a while but never posted. I submitted my package on july 8th and was PQ'd by N3M, so i think im on this board. I did recieve an email stating that my medical was good and the package will be further processed but idk is it good to go or not. Nothing is stated in BOL, and my CCC is clueless. Anyone ever had same issue?

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone, i've been lurking for a while but never posted. I submitted my package on july 8th and was PQ'd by N3M, so i think im on this board. I did recieve an email stating that my medical was good and the package will be further processed but idk is it good to go or not. Nothing is stated in BOL, and my CCC is clueless. Anyone ever had same issue?

As long as the OCS Fleet processor has said your application is at NRC you are good, don't worry too much about BOL, and the CCC really shouldn't have much knowledge about this process as they don't really get much info at all about officer programs, mainly they are told reference applicants to the 1420

Y30MaN

Y30MaN
As long as the OCS Fleet processor has said your application is at NRC you are good, don't worry too much about BOL, and the CCC really shouldn't have much knowledge about this process as they don't really get much info at all about officer programs, mainly they are told reference applicants to the 1420
Thanks for the info!

jwarren4

Super Anxious. Was looking through older boards and was unable to understand why certain people were selected over others.

Also unable to tell if my odds are worse being a civilian

J_Suite

Super Anxious. Was looking through older boards and was unable to understand why certain people were selected over others.

Also unable to tell if my odds are worse being a civilian
Statistically speaking I remember reading awhile back that Rufio or Navyoffrec stated odds are higher on the civilian side, but I imagine that has to do with the sheer number of AD individuals putting in applications. I’ll channel Rufio ( now Recruiting Guru I believe) in saying all you need to focus on is your stats. It’s awesome having stats of people who got selected as a reference point which is why I posted mine, but no reason to beat yourself up over. You have a solid GPA, and your OAR is not bad for SWO. Best of luck!

exNavyOffRec

Statistically speaking I remember reading awhile back that Rufio or Navyoffrec stated odds are higher on the civilian side, but I imagine that has to do with the sheer number of AD individuals putting in applications. I’ll channel Rufio ( now Recruiting Guru I believe) in saying all you need to focus on is your stats. It’s awesome having stats of people who got selected as a reference point which is why I posted mine, but no reason to beat yourself up over. You have a solid GPA, and your OAR is not bad for SWO. Best of luck!
Part is the fact for quite a while AD were submitting application who really had no chance of getting picked up, that was mainly because the commands didn't bother to look at the requirements.

jwarren4

72108"]
I was just trying to determine a general idea at how much weight certain categories carry towards selection or if they even hold any weight after meeting the mins. It sorta seems like selection is random as I noticed people with lower stats getting selected over those with higher in some cases and I didn't know if being a civilian would give me lower odds than a prior.

You're OAR is decent bit higher than mine

kbal731

72108"]
I was just trying to determine a general idea at how much weight certain categories carry towards selection or if they even hold any weight after meeting the mins. It sorta seems like selection is random as I noticed people with lower stats getting selected over those with higher in some cases and I didn't know if being a civilian would give me lower odds than a prior.

You're OAR is decent bit higher than mine

It’s kinda hard to gauge with these recent boards, they’ve been unusually high pro recs compared to previous years. I’ve also looked the previous boards and the ones that seemed to get the N seemed to have non SWOcentric personal statements, or SWO wasn’t listed as their first choice. It seems as long as your above the minimums and SWO is #1 you’ll get it, but who’s to say how it’ll be this time around they may go back to being selective again

James Lee

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share my stats.
Male
OAR: 57
ASTB: 6/5/7
Master’s degree: International Relations - 3.82 GPA
Bachelors degree: Political Science & Legal Studies double major - 2.91 GPA
No prior service
LORS: Current State of WI Attorney General, former employer, and former college professor

I did not list SWO as my first choice, I put it as my second of three choices. Based on my stats I should be selected. I hope putting it as my second choice doesn’t hurt my chances! Good luck to you all - looking forward to joining you in the fleet!

ENWaite

My Stats:
-OAR: 51
-Bachelor's Degree: Finance
-GPA: 2.9
-Prior Service: None
-LOR's: 1 Army E-5 (Korean War Vet), 1 current employer, 1 previous employer.

SWO is my first choice. I am pretty uncertain about my odds considering my GPA and OAR are relatively low. Thankfully I have a full-time job now to pay the bills, but the Navy is my ultimate aspiration. Good luck to everyone!

jwarren4

My Stats:

SWO is my first choice. I am pretty uncertain about my odds considering my GPA and OAR are relatively low. Thankfully I have a full-time job now to pay the bills, but the Navy is my ultimate aspiration. Good luck to everyone!
Same boat as you man. SWO is my first choice and this is my goal.

We also have very similar stats. We will have to see but maybe we will both get it.

Seawolf_2020

Navy guy
I’ll post my stats as well so people in the future can reference my package, looks slightly different then the non-priors.

My Stats:
-OAR: 42
-Bachelor's Degree: Business Admin
-GPA: 3.8
-Prior Service: 8 years (YN1 EXW)
-Awards: NCx1, NAx2. SOY (2018)
-Evals: EP #1 (current) MP (passed)
-Interviews: O-6 CAPT. (SWO), O-6 CAPT. (Pilot) O-3 LT (SWO)
LOR: CAPT. Currently NSW Group 1 CO.
EOD CAPT. (Ret.).
**Note. Only applied for SWO. All personal statements are “SWO centric”.

BroskiOCS

My Stats:

I wouldn't be concerned with that OAR. I scored a 50 and picked up SWO. Also seen people with lower scores get selected. Not too sure about GPA of selectees but I'm sure there are people with your GPA and lower that were selected.

kbal731

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share my stats.
Male
OAR: 57
ASTB: 6/5/7
Master’s degree: International Relations - 3.82 GPA
Bachelors degree: Political Science & Legal Studies double major - 2.91 GPA
No prior service
LORS: Current State of WI Attorney General, former employer, and former college professor

I did not list SWO as my first choice, I put it as my second of three choices. Based on my stats I should be selected. I hope putting it as my second choice doesn’t hurt my chances! Good luck to you all - looking forward to joining you in the fleet!

When is the board for your first choice? I’ve seen around here that if you’re picked up on your first choice you won’t be selected for your subsequent ones