• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
Guard or Regular Army. When I was talking to the guard they stated that my branch and job would be negotiated and garaunteed before I left.

I was just sitting in the regular army’s office the other day for a cup of tea and had a small chat with the recruiters. They knew I was in dual processing waiting for officer result with a navy enlisted contract. They began to sell me the benefits of being an army officer , but first thing I need to do is to cancel the navy enlisted contract. So officially I haven’t started any army officer package yet. I wanna see how things go for Swo first.

But the army recruiters said if I submit a package for officer I would have to 1. take a photo with a nicely dressed outfit; 2. attend an interview on my board date and answer board members’ questions. And then 3. I will be notified on the same day about the board result.

I am still in touch with these army recruiters.

GAhnee

I was just sitting in the regular army’s office the other day for a cup of tea and had a small chat with the recruiters. They knew I was in dual processing waiting for officer result with a navy enlisted contract. They began to sell me the benefits of being an army officer , but first thing I need to do is to cancel the navy enlisted contract. So officially I haven’t started any army officer package yet. I wanna see how things go for Swo first.

But the army recruiters said if I submit a package for officer I would have to 1. take a photo with a nicely dressed outfit; 2. attend an interview on my board date and answer board members’ questions. And then 3. I will be notified on the same day about the board result.

I am still in touch with these army recruiters.
I just wanna clarify something about the Army OCS process.
Technically there are 2 boards. There’s a battalion board and a USAREC board. The first board, the battalion board, is where you go to get interviewed. You will find out at the end of the interview if you passed.
If you pass this board, it means that they are sending your package to the USAREC board. The USAREC board is similar to the Navy OCS boards, being that you do not actually go to it in person and will wait to hear from your recruiter for results. They look at your package and say yay or nay. Typically speaking, if you pass the battalion board, you will likely be selected, unless there are underlying issues (medical etc.).

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
I just wanna clarify something about the Army OCS process.
Technically there are 2 boards. There’s a battalion board and a USAREC board. The first board, the battalion board, is where you go to get interviewed. You will find out at the end of the interview if you passed.
If you pass this board, it means that they are sending your package to the USAREC board. The USAREC board is similar to the Navy OCS boards, being that you do not actually go to it in person and will wait to hear from your recruiter for results. They look at your package and say yay or nay. Typically speaking, if you pass the battalion board, you will likely be selected, unless there are underlying issues (medical etc.).

Basically if you pass the first board you will go to Army OCS with a 90%-95% chance so the USAREC board is nothing like the Navy Pro board lol

But let’s keep the discussion limited to Navy officer application for now. After all, this forum is for SWO.

GAhnee

Basically if you pass the first board you will go to OCS at a almost 90%-95% chance so it’s nothing like the Navy Pro board lol

But let’s keep the discussion limited to Navy officer application for now. After all this forum is for SWO.
I meant that the USAREC board is similar in the sense that it is a board of officers that looks at the packages to say yes or no. Yes, the chance of going to OCS is higher, I never said it wasn’t.

I wasn’t the one who brought up Army officer applications, I just did not want there to be confusion. Just because you pass the battalion board does guarantee you will go to OCS

GAhnee

I meant that the USAREC board is similar in the sense that it is a board of officers that looks at the packages to say yes or no. Yes, the chance of going to OCS is higher, I never said it wasn’t.

I wasn’t the one who brought up Army officer applications, I just did not want there to be confusion. Just because you pass the battalion board does guarantee you will go to OCS
Does not guarantee

SeaWarrior

Regional headquarter, does it count as a “reliable source”?

But again we might get lucky any day or they might speed up their working pace. Then we could get it earlier.

Not sure actually. Did someone from regional headquarters inform you that it would be two weeks?

sasebobeast

Board results from past few months:
Aviation Board convened Monday, May 25th, 2020 and board results came out June 15th, 2020 (3 weeks 0 days)
Supply Board convened Monday, June 1st, 2020 and board results came out July 28th, 2020 (8 weeks 1 day)
IWC Board convened Monday, June 29th, 2020 and board results for a few people came out August 11th, 2020 (7 weeks 1 day, but still pending)
Aviation Board convened Monday, August 3rd, 2020 and board results came out June 15th, 2020 (6 weeks 1 day)
SWO Board convened Monday, August 17th, 2020 and board results still pending (so far 4 weeks 3 days today)

Last edited:

SeaWarrior

The regional master chief went to the HQ today to talk to his boss and got that information for me. He is now going to push my enlisted contract one month further.

Even if that's true, my package was done and submitted in March. What's two more weeks?