• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

rhed004

Got the official nod from my recruiter this morning. He said they were looking to fill a spot on the class that will report May 15th but I informed him that my run time for the PRT would not cut it if I was given 2 weeks to prepare so I declined the offer. Still glad to know I got selected though cause its been a long time coming :)

ericrussell6

Got the official nod from my recruiter this morning. He said they were looking to fill a spot on the class that will report May 15th but I informed him that my run time for the PRT would not cut it if I was given 2 weeks to prepare so I declined the offer. Still glad to know I got selected though cause its been a long time coming :)
were you on the feb22 board?

rhed004

were you on the feb22 board?
I thought I was but my package got rolled to this board. And I decided not to go to the 15th class because according to my recruiter a lot of people have been failing multiple parts the PRT when they first get to OCS. My run time is currently at 13 minutes and I thought it would be smart to take a few more months and know I'll be ready for it than go in 2 weeks and risk getting rolled. Plus I'll get extra time with my family.

subreservist

I thought I was but my package got rolled to this board. And I decided not to go to the 15th class because according to my recruiter a lot of people have been failing multiple parts the PRT when they first get to OCS. My run time is currently at 13 minutes and I thought it would be smart to take a few more months and know I'll be ready for it than go in 2 weeks and risk getting rolled. Plus I'll get extra time with my family.

That doesn’t make sense. If you are on the April board, in which the results aren’t even out yet, how could you be given an offer for an OCS spot in May?

rhed004

That doesn’t make sense. If you are on the April board, in which the results aren’t even out yet, how could you be given an offer for an OCS spot in May?
I assume someone who got selected for SWO at an earlier board and was assigned to that class decided not to go, so someone at OCS emailed a bunch of recruiters of people who got selected for the April 12 board asking if they would like to fill that slot. Other than that I have no idea, I'm just telling y'all what my recruiter told me.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Ahh, that makes more sense. I was selected on the March intel board and the fastest slots were 4 July I believe with the vast majority of us in FY22 classes

exNavyOffRec

I assume someone who got selected for SWO at an earlier board and was assigned to that class decided not to go, so someone at OCS emailed a bunch of recruiters of people who got selected for the April 12 board asking if they would like to fill that slot. Other than that I have no idea, I'm just telling y'all what my recruiter told me.

It is rare when someone just decides not to go, often it is due to injury, family situation, glitch in paperwork, stuff like that.

ahansen

Just got a call from my recruiter who says I'm selected for SWO! Said he didn't have the full list, but looks like about 50% acceptance rate and it's the fastest turnaround he's seen yet. Anyone else hear back? Feels a bit unreal since it was so quick...

Edit: I'm on west coast time if that make any difference on hearing back from your recruiters.

jmj689

Just got a call from my recruiter who says I'm selected for SWO! Said he didn't have the full list, but looks like about 50% acceptance rate and it's the fastest turnaround he's seen yet. Anyone else hear back? Feels a bit unreal since it was so quick...

Edit: I'm on west coast time if that make any difference on hearing back from your recruiters.

Doope, congrats man, yea still waiting out here in Hawaii. I wonder if any list is gonna get published so soon or just calls from recruiters for now.