• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

For those of you who need proof that AD Sailors have in fact been informed of their selection.

Ask the Chief...and you shall receive.

Paul corrected himself in another reply on the same email chain stating that my medical is good to go. I'm guessing September convening date?

Attachments

• OCS Selection Email.docx
    208.6 KB · Views: 86
Thank you everyone! Remember, once you find out you've been selected it's time to start doing the preparation work:
  1. Get yourself physically ready to go. A strong body carries a strong mind.
  2. Go through the following web page and ensure you are squared away with a binder already pre-staged with the required information
https://www.public.navy.mil/netc/nstc/otcn/ocs_required_and_recommended_items.aspx
3. Start memorizing the "required knowledge"
  1. Begin mentally visualizing going through stressful situations, i.e. being verbally berated, over-the-top reactions, etc...The point is to get you used to high-intensity, stress-inducing situations and still be able to function at high operational tempo. There is a reason for everything you will be put through.
  2. Learn to have a jacked-up sense of humor. Be able to laugh at yourself at the end of the day. Be humble and thankful for the opportunity.
  3. When you hit a wall...stop hitting it and figure out a way past it. That could mean climbing it, going around it, under it...but at the end of the day, get the mission done.

I hope this small list helps. I haven't ever been through OCS, but I have been through Boot Camp and Chief Initiation...to me these are nuggets of wisdom that are applicable in any military program. Looking forward to seeing you all out there!

HSalt

My good friend @BrookieDragon has informed me our CO is TDY at the moment. Looks like I'll have to wait for BOL to populate with results, nothing posted yet.

I'm glad for all of you who have received the Y. If my boy @Infinitedouble was able to get the Y, I think I have a good shot, so I'm remaining optimistic. Hopefully I can class up with a lot of you in July if I'm selected, I don't wanna be the only 30-something huffing and puffing out there.

Infinitedouble

My good friend @BrookieDragon has informed me our CO is TDY at the moment. Looks like I'll have to wait for BOL to populate with results, nothing posted yet.

I'm glad for all of you who have received the Y. If my boy @Infinitedouble was able to get the Y, I think I have a good shot, so I'm remaining optimistic. Hopefully I can class up with a lot of you in July if I'm selected, I don't wanna be the only 30-something huffing and puffing out there.
Your boy made it, you will for sure!

Wiktoria

If I understand correctly, after OCS we will go to the SWOS school in Rhode Island for about 6 months. Does anyone know if this is considered accompanied tour (you can bring your family)? I'm trying to plan, because it seems like husband is deploying that time and we have two young kiddos.