• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

AT2Pax

I'm just wondering if all AD applicants commands have even been notified at this point. Not really a whole lot of action considering there were 311 applicants.

1812TC

If I understand correctly, after OCS we will go to the SWOS school in Rhode Island for about 6 months. Does anyone know if this is considered accompanied tour (you can bring your family)? I'm trying to plan, because it seems like husband is deploying that time and we have two young kiddos.
From a travel analyst: anything over 180 days can be considered a PCS, so you will rate bringing your family and getting housing or bah.

Just got my PROREC N, my recruiter told me selection rates on this board plummeted due to overmanning (as we all guessed) and if SWO wasn't your #1 choice then you probably weren't being selected (my #1 was SWO>EDO)
Hope you all have better luck than me. I'll get 'em on the next board.

n0rthstar

Just got my PROREC N, my recruiter told me selection rates on this board plummeted due to overmanning (as we all guessed) and if SWO wasn't your #1 choice then you probably weren't being selected (my #1 was SWO>EDO)

I'm sorry to hear that. What did your stats look like?

Yeesh, that's surprising. I'm sure it was just the selection rate dropping - you seem like you'd be solid on any other board.
Yeah I felt confident based on results from november but oh well. My recruiter is setting up an interview with and AD 05 SWO to add to my application before the next possible board. Hopefully by then the navy gets its manning situation under control. Theres always another chance and this is what I've always wanted to do.

sldm992

Very sorry to hear that, I thought for sure your engineering would make you stand out. Would you want to try CEC or something similar? You definitely have the stats for it. I know a CEC with lower stats than yours that was accepted very recently so you could have a good shot.

Also, I’m assuming because SWO was my #2 that means I’m most likely in the same boat as you?

PontusPilot

Contributor
Very sorry to hear that, I thought for sure your engineering would make you stand out. Would you want to try CEC or something similar? You definitely have the stats for it. I know a CEC with lower stats than yours that was accepted very recently so you could have a good shot.

Also, I’m assuming because SWO was my #2 that means I’m most likely in the same boat as you?
Same SWO is my number two as well..

My recruiter mentioned trying to get me onto an upcoming cec board. I'm definitely interested and a career of shore duty would be nice but overall I want to command at sea.
And possibly based on what my recruiter told me, but he could have just been being nice lol. Stay motivated and confident until you get final word, those of us meant to be officers will get our chances.