• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

If I understand correctly, after OCS we will go to the SWOS school in Rhode Island for about 6 months. Does anyone know if this is considered accompanied tour (you can bring your family)? I'm trying to plan, because it seems like husband is deploying that time and we have two young kiddos.
After ocs graduation you'll attend BDOC in either San Diego or Norfolk depending on where your command is located. I believe it's 8 weeks and after that you report to your ship. I dont know if it's considered accompanied, but if you end up stationed in SD or Norfolk I'd assume its likely.

TianaM

After ocs graduation you'll attend BDOC in either San Diego or Norfolk depending on where your command is located. I believe it's 8 weeks and after that you report to your ship. I dont know if it's considered accompanied, but if you end up stationed in SD or Norfolk I'd assume its likely.
I was wondering what happens after OCS as well. Trying to decide when to sell or rent out our home. And when I should close the preschool I own. ?My wife was selected not myself.

Last edited:

sldm992

I was wondering what happens after OCS as well. Trying to decide when to sell or rent out our home. And when I should close the preschool I own. ?My wife was selected not myself.
If your ship is in SD then you go to BDOC in SD. You might as well look for a place to actually live in before BDOC starts because you’ll be there for 2 years. So yes bring your fam

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Im in the same boat. Leave in July and been trying to find a good property manager to rent out the house

TianaM

If your ship is in SD then you go to BDOC in SD. You might as well look for a place to actually live in before BDOC starts because you’ll be there for 2 years. So yes bring your fam
So are you saying if she picks orders in SD I should look for a place to stay there prior to the official graduation? SD and Norfolk the only two place to go for school after ocs?

sorry for all the questions :)

TianaM

Im in the same boat. Leave in July and been trying to find a good property manager to rent out the house
Yeah! Idk if it would be better to just sell or what. My wife doesn’t have a date to leave yet since she is waiting for nuke results as well.

sldm992

So are you saying if she picks orders in SD I should look for a place to stay there prior to the official graduation? SD and Norfolk the only two place to go for school after ocs?

sorry for all the questions :)
Yes that’s what I’m saying. I have a friend who is a SWO and they got their orders before graduating OCS. Wherever their ship is, means they will be there. If you go to a fleet on the west coast regardless of where on the west, you go to BDOC SD. if you go to east coast the you go to BDOC Norfolk. There is good chance your ship will be in the same place as your BDOC because they are at larger bases so if that’s the case, go ahead and get settled in

TianaM

Yes that’s what I’m saying. I have a friend who is a SWO and they got their orders before graduating OCS. Wherever their ship is, means they will be there. If you go to a fleet on the west coast regardless of where on the west, you go to BDOC SD. if you go to east coast the you go to BDOC Norfolk. There is good chance your ship will be in the same place as your BDOC because they are at larger bases so if that’s the case, go ahead and get settled in
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks so much. Fingers crossed we are able to head to the west coast. I don’t want to go back to Norfolk lol.

n0rthstar

Aviation was still finding out late into the night last night, so who knows how the civilians will hear about SWO today...if they hear.

Honestly I've given up any hope of predicting how this will go. There is no clear answer to anything, most people's interactions with their recruiters refute other's with absolute certainty that one or the other is 100% wrong, etc. I'm just sipping my coffee at work, pretending I'm not refreshing this thread every sixteen seconds.