• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

jlee199

anyone know if an increase of gpa from 3.34 to 3.42 and a rewritten personal statement is significant enough of a change to resubmit an application?

mark0605

My recruiting office is trying to figure out why I got a PROREC-N yesterday, as 3 other applicants from my office with significantly lower OAR and GPA were all given PROREC-Y's and I wasn't. My stats are as follows:

Male
Non-Prior Civilian
OAR: 57
College: Ohio State University
GPA: 3.69
Major: Sports Industry
Minor: French
LORs: Intel O-3, Army O-3, MLB GM
Waivers: None

Still waiting on the IWC Board next month, but not optimistic that I'd get a PROREC-Y in an even more competitive board. Recruiter's feedback was that my scores, LORs, and Motivational Statements were strong enough in the Recruiting Office's opinion. Asked HQ for an explanation as to why I wasn't selected.. not sure they will provide a clear answer, if any at all..

Tacticalhusky

My recruiting office is trying to figure out why I got a PROREC-N yesterday, as 3 other applicants from my office with significantly lower OAR and GPA were all given PROREC-Y's and I wasn't. My stats are as follows:

Male
Non-Prior Civilian

Still waiting on the IWC Board next month, but not optimistic that I'd get a PROREC-Y in an even more competitive board. Recruiter's feedback was that my scores, LORs, and Motivational Statements were strong enough in the Recruiting Office's opinion. Asked HQ for an explanation as to why I wasn't selected.. not sure they will provide a clear answer, if any at all..
While it's never clear, they could have been younger or had STEM degrees. It's highly possible they looked at the 'whole person' package this time around due to the low quantity of spots. It's pure speculation of course.

prttyphoenix

Male
Non-Prior Civilian

I was always told to try to get an LOR from at least one person in the designators you are applying for...it is important to note the O-3's in the Navy are considered JO's still so it may help to get LORs from higher ranking personnel. Just my opinion.

n0rthstar

anyone know if an increase of gpa from 3.34 to 3.42 and a rewritten personal statement is significant enough of a change to resubmit an application?

My understanding is no. From what I was told, to reapply within six months of your last board necessitated a change like a job change that entails significant leadership, a respectable increase in an OAR score, or finishing a degree. From what you described there, I'd say no. Do you graduate in May? Once that actually happens, that would be considered significant in that you've officially earned the degree.

In my case, I'm going to retake and (hopefully) increase OAR and finish my master's before I reapply.

exNavyOffRec

People actually get those words? When I called Mr. Paul on our(the group's) behalf a few weeks ago, he said that if you apply with the 6 months with changes and are not selected, you will have to wait 6 months and submit a new package.
Ex. November I submitted a package and was not selected, 80pages. January I resubmitted but only my improved documents. 18 pages. July I'll submit a completely new package.

Yes, NRC will tag a candidate Pro-N DNR, which means they cannot every re-apply for that designator.

exNavyOffRec

Bupers updated. PRO REC- N.
Applied back in November received PRO REC-N. SWO Only.
OAR and AGE waiver. Tested all 3xs for OAR.
All 10s Appraisals from O6 SWOs. EP evals.
3.425 Graduate GPA.
Not sure how else to improve my package from what's been improved already.
E-7 results will be out in July. Perhaps I'll be a great ITC. Congratulations to y'all that made it. Try again for those that did not. Not sure if I'll apply again. Tired.
What was your UG GPA?

caliktk

I feel like I’m the only who still hasn’t gotten an answer yet. At this point I’d even take a prorec N and know where I have to regroup so I can try again. I reached out to my recruiter on Wednesday and have gotten crickets.
Same. My recruiter said he'd call when official news came. I don't want to pester him 3 days in a row but it's almost March

mark0605

I'm also speculating that because of the significant drop in number of selections this board, they could have been quickly eliminating anyone and everyone for whatever reason that sticks out from each application.