• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

EO87

This is very strange to me. I have several visible tattoos and nobody cared beyond just the basic documentation.
Same. I have an entire arm sleeve. I annotated it on my package with the tattoo form, and it was documented on my medical forms, but no one cared.

macrose555

This is very strange to me. I have several visible tattoos and nobody cared beyond just the basic documentation.
It honestly just might be the recruiting station I went to. I got transferred to a different recruiter halfway through my application process, because my old recruiter was transferred to Hawaii. My new recruiter called me and said there was a bunch of things missing and that I had to come in with shorts and a short sleeve because they needed to take pictures to submit a tattoo waiver. She called to tell me this without even seeing my tattoos, but saw the forms I had filled out in my package. I think it might have been for precaution,but at the time I thought it was a standard. Now seeing as everyone seems to have tattoos and I am the only one who has a waiver I think that I probably didn't need one haha. Thats helped ease my concern though.

macrose555

Now I'm just really curious what your damn tattoos are to cause such a fuss.

The idea of having to explain "why" I got my tattoos is perplexing.
Haha alright, my tattoos are 3 on my arms, one large one which is an anatomical heart and flowers, one that says "you are art." and one that is an arrow down VII an arrow up VIII (meaning fall down seven times stand up eight). I have 3 on my ankles, all Friday the 13th tattoos. One is a paper boat on a wave, one is a skeleton hand doing shaka, and the other is a fishbone on my achilles. I had to put the why part on the forms not the actual waiver though.

n0rthstar

Haha alright, my tattoos are 3 on my arms, one large one which is an anatomical heart and flowers, one that says "you are art." and one that is an arrow down VII an arrow up VIII (meaning fall down seven times stand up eight). I have 3 on my ankles, all Friday the 13th tattoos. One is a paper boat on a wave, one is a skeleton hand doing shaka, and the other is a fishbone on my achilles. I had to put the why part on the forms not the actual waiver though.

Well that's disappointing.

I was expecting some wild tattoos that shook your recruiter to their core for all the attention they got.

macrose555

Well that's disappointing.

I was expecting some wild tattoos that shook your recruiter to their core for all the attention they got.
I didnt realize until now that no one else got a waiver. Usually it takes weeks to get one, but my recruiter knew the guy who signs off on them, so she was able to fax them over and call him to sign off on it immediately. We were having problems getting everything in because of my new recruiter not being informed of what was needed, but it still took hours to do just the waiver. It now sounds like it was a waste of time though. Thank you everyone for clearing everything up though! Hopefully I'm in the clear!

atspdx

I didnt realize until now that no one else got a waiver. Usually it takes weeks to get one, but my recruiter knew the guy who signs off on them, so she was able to fax them over and call him to sign off on it immediately. We were having problems getting everything in because of my new recruiter not being informed of what was needed, but it still took hours to do just the waiver. It now sounds like it was a waste of time though. Thank you everyone for clearing everything up though! Hopefully I'm in the clear!

When I applied for the MSC HCA board I also had to do a tattoo waiver. Not for SWO though so who knows?

EO87

Not to get anybody too excited, but I'd expect the low end of that. That's just a nice safety net they through out across all boards. SWO is typically quick. I honestly expect to see everybody's results rolling in by Friday.
That is what I'm expecting as well.