• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

macrose555

Ive been following the responses on this thread waiting to see when other people start finding out. I am a little nervous now, because people have been mentioning a lot about waivers being an issue. Here are my stats..
Non- prior military
OAR: 54
BA Criminal Justice
GPA: 3.84
Tattoo waiver (none of my tattoos are on my hands, neck, or face)
SWO is my priority and Intel as my 2nd. I was told Intel was not taking many applicants and I would have greater odds in SWO.
Will the tattoo waiver ruin my chances?

n0rthstar

Ive been following the responses on this thread waiting to see when other people start finding out. I am a little nervous now, because people have been mentioning a lot about waivers being an issue. Here are my stats..
Non- prior military
BA Criminal Justice
SWO is my priority and Intel as my 2nd. I was told Intel was not taking many applicants and I would have greater odds in SWO.

I wouldn't be worried at all depending what the waiver is for. If it's not placement, I assume it's content?

Last edited:

1812TC

Non- prior military
BA Criminal Justice
If you don’t have tattoos on your neck hands or face what is your tattoo waiver for?

macrose555

If you don’t have tattoos on your neck hands or face what is your tattoo waiver for?
My recruiter just said that they do them no matter what. I think just incase, so that the packet wouldn't get sent back if something was flagged. One of my tattoos is roman numerals with symbols so they had to send a translation along with it for the meaning.

macrose555

I wouldn't be worried at all depending what the waiver is for. If it's not placement, I assume it's content?
My recruiter said they do them no matter what as a precaution. I think that they probably had other packets get sent back in the past because of not obtaining a waiver.

1812TC

My recruiter said they do them no matter what as a precaution. I think that they probably had other packets get sent back in the past because of not obtaining a waiver.
I believe that’s just the tattoo form, not exactly a waiver. A waiver is a waiver to the standard. Tattoos not on hand face and neck, and within taste, are not out of current naval standard. So id think that’s more of a tattoo declaration page vice an actual waiver. @NavyOffRec @RecruitingGuru and input on this? If that’s the case I have a tattoo waiver to lol. I filled out all the tattoo information but all of mine is tasteful and concealed within PT gear.

macrose555

I believe that’s just the tattoo form, not exactly a waiver. A waiver is a waiver to the standard. Tattoos not on hand face and neck, and within taste, are not out of current naval standard. So id think that’s more of a tattoo declaration page vice an actual waiver. @NavyOffRec @RecruitingGuru and input on this? If that’s the case I have a tattoo waiver to lol. I filled out all the tattoo information but all of mine is tasteful and concealed within PT gear.
I had to get a waiver signed by a higher up. I also had to fill out all the forms, but my recruiter had to send pictures of my tattoos to someone else to be signed off on. I don't know if its just the recruiting station I went to that does that. I had to fill out the other forms saying what my tattoo is, when I got it, why I got it, and where on my body it is, but those forms were just placed in my packet and did not need any further inspection. My recruiter had to obtain actual pictures of my tattoos and send them to her higher up for the waiver to be signed off on. My tattoos are all visible in PT gear though. I have them on my arms and ankles.

1812TC

I had to get a waiver signed by a higher up. I also had to fill out all the forms, but my recruiter had to send pictures of my tattoos to someone else to be signed off on. I don't know if its just the recruiting station I went to that does that. I had to fill out the other forms saying what my tattoo is, when I got it, why I got it, and where on my body it is, but those forms were just placed in my packet and did not need any further inspection. My recruiter had to obtain actual pictures of my tattoos and send them to her higher up for the waiver to be signed off on. My tattoos are all visible in PT gear though. I have them on my arms and ankles.
Very well, that’s above my knowledge then. But if they are all in good taste and can’t be taken the wrong way at all then you “shouldn’t” have anything to worry about, I’d think.

n0rthstar

This is very strange to me. I have several visible tattoos and nobody cared beyond just the basic documentation.