• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

exNavyOffRec

The feedback I received last time was that if you have waivers, the rest of your package must be immaculate. There are lots of candidates that apply and don't need those. I had to think of ways to improve what I already had. (I. E. Higher Ranking Interviews, Higher Ranking LORS, items that showed I was still crushing the game, SOQ citation, volunteer letters)

We will see how it works out for me this time.

Things can vary on boards when it comes to waivers, for years with Supply and IWC boards if you had anytime of waiver (excluding medical) that was it, they would look at anything to cut down the numbers.

I had a conversation years ago with N3M talking about a waiver possibility for a candidate, I said he is very qualified, great GPA, etc.... and the response was, well, there are many other people like him that don't need a medical waiver, go find another.

Jbyrne89

my gpa is 3.13, but I’ve been on deans list honor roll for a while with a 4.0 a couple semesters ago. I had a bad freshman year of school lol

our stats are VERY similar. I feel like I’m such a long shot and am praying I get that Y. I do have a letter from a congressman, two senior officers, and one 03, but who knows if they even read those ?‍♂️

sldm992

our stats are VERY similar. I feel like I’m such a long shot and am praying I get that Y. I do have a letter from a congressman, two senior officers, and one 03, but who knows if they even read those ?‍♂️
I feel the same way. And similar LORs, but ya idk if anyone reads those. What’s your major?

jlee199

Tomorrow’s possibly the day. Might give my recruiter a call first thing in the morning although he told me he expected an answer towards end of February back when the app was submitted

n0rthstar

I'd like it to be today, but I think it's pretty unlikely that it'd turn around that fast. Even if it does get signed off on immediately this morning, things never seem to process same day.