• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

As long as you pass the PRT you will be fine, obviously do your best but there is no reason to stress about it. You will get yelled at no matter what, that’s the instructors job to yell at you for the smallest things just to weed out the weak minded or people who can’t operate under stress.
I know I’ll be able to do the prt and take the stress. My biggest worry is that I’m normally a skinny dude so I know I’m going to get flamed by the DI’s.

Csniffen08

I think I start with 60 seconds on, 60 seconds off but that will change throughout the exercise toward the end. If I don't need the 60 second recovery, I'll start up again at 30 or 45 seconds whatever it may be. The last half of the distance usually turns into max effort 30-60's which is more like a brisk jog at that point lol.
Thanks!

notacoverband

I'm not sure if this is what you want but it's what I'm going through. Easy conversational pace on Monday. Splits/intervals on Wednesday, Friday push the first 1.5miles followed by easy pace for the remainder. I'm working from 4 miles a week to 15 if I have time. I don't care about the upper body stuff since I do that all year. I'm also doing a 10% rule because I've had bilateral stress fractures and I don't want that again.

Week 1
1mi 2mi 1mi
4 total

Week 2
1.5 1.4 1.5
4.4 total

Week 3
1.5 1.7 1.6
4.8 total

Week 4
1.7 1.8 1.7
5.2 total

Week 5
1.8 2.0 1.8
5.6 total

Week 6
2.1 2.1 2.1
6.3 total

Week 7
2.3 2.3 2.3
6.9 total

Week 8
2.5 2.5 2.5
7.5 total

Week 9
2.7 2.7 2.7
8.1 total

Week 10
3.0 3.0 3.0
9 total

Week 11
3.3 3.3 3.3
9.9 total

Week 12
3.7 3.7 3.7
11.1 total

Week 13
4.1 4.1 4.1
12.3 total
10% rule is king. If anyone else is trying to get in shape quick, or is not used to running please Google it.

notacoverband

I think I start with 60 seconds on, 60 seconds off but that will change throughout the exercise toward the end. If I don't need the 60 second recovery, I'll start up again at 30 or 45 seconds whatever it may be. The last half of the distance usually turns into max effort 30-60's which is more like a brisk jog at that point lol.
If you don't need the whole rest then your not pushing hard enough on the sprint. But try 60-30 (shouldn't have enough time to totally recover). a
And the 60 should be pretty much max effort. Youll know you're doing it right if you have trouble finishing the set at the end. Repeats are close to max heart rate, little bit of rest. And if your legs are really feeling good, on Friday start at a moderate pace (break in) , then pick it up for your second half. Teaches your legs to push even when they "feel" tired. Big time runner, mostly distance but I know the speed training. Hopefully helping...

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
If you don't need the whole rest then your not pushing hard enough on the sprint. But try 60-30 (shouldn't have enough time to totally recover). a
And the 60 should be pretty much max effort. Youll know you're doing it right if you have trouble finishing the set at the end. Repeats are close to max heart rate, little bit of rest. And if your legs are really feeling good, on Friday start at a moderate pace (break in) , then pick it up for your second half. Teaches your legs to push even when they "feel" tired. Big time runner, mostly distance but I know the speed training. Hopefully helping...
You will do 60/30s for pt for about 30 minutes so prepare yourselves

Looking to update my running shoes, any good brands that you guys think I should look into.
I always liked asics for my running shoes that I wanted to last due to distance running. They don't look as nice as trendy running shoes, but I was always comfortable in them.