• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

notacoverband

Looking to update my running shoes, any good brands that you guys think I should look into.
Shoes are like cars, everyone has their favorite. However, there is a couple basics. Just don't confuse fashion addidas or even Nikes for real running shoes. If you really want to get whats best for you head to your local running shoes store (not big chain shoe store). They'll fit you with exactly the right size, look at your stride and body comp and let you try on a bunch. Most even have a treadmill to let you give them a spin. FYI though most quality running shoes are about $100-$120 and are they best investment you can make if you value your knees.

PS- I only wear Asics GT-2000 cuz they have a nice wide toe box and I have a little wider feet.

Last edited:

Csniffen08

Shoes are like cars, everyone has their favorite. However their is a couple basics. Just don't confuse fashion addidas for real running shoes. If you really want to get whats best for you head to your local running shoes store (not big chain shoe store). They'll fit you with exactly the right size, look at your stride and body comp and let you try on a bunch. Most even have a treadmill to let you give them a spin. FYI though most quality running shoes are about $100-$120 and are they best investment you can make if you value your knees.

PS- I only wear Asics GT-2000 cuz they have a nice wide toe box and I have a little wider feet.

Sounds good, ill check that out

darths

Hey i wanted to ask, for swo shio selection, coukd we select an aircraft carrier? Or is that not available?

zarevich

If you get high ranked in your class and pick orders as one of the first ones, your chances are high. Unless you have a wife with children, most people want to go to Japan or Spain.

Terminader

Are the number of ship slots at OCS always equal to the number of SWOs in the class? Or can there be, for example, 6 SWOs but 8 or 9 ship slots when the time comes to decide?

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Are the number of ship slots at OCS always equal to the number of SWOs in the class? Or can there be, for example, 6 SWOs but 8 or 9 ship slots when the time comes to decide?
Yes. They're are usually 1 or 2 slots left over after everyone picks. Do amazing on your inspections prt and test and you'll be able to get what you want. I ranked number 2.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Attached is the ship list from my class to give you an idea of what our selections looked like. After everyone picked we had 1 ship left available.

Attachments

• 448FCBBF-208A-4A19-8E98-6A673ED78EAD.jpeg
    448FCBBF-208A-4A19-8E98-6A673ED78EAD.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 94