• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I’m the opposite. I’m an endurance runner so I’m a little worried about getting a good time. I know I can pass the satisfactory and good scores.

Does anyone have tips to get a faster run time? I’m thinking of adding sprints to my workouts.
Yes, run 30-60's or 60-120's. 30 or 60 seconds of sprinting, followed 60 or 120 of rest respectively. Repeat. This will condition your body to get use to running at a faster speed. Once you get comfortable with that you can do 30-30's or bump it up to 60-60, or 60-30

Foreverghosty

I’m the opposite. I’m an endurance runner so I’m a little worried about getting a good time. I know I can pass the satisfactory and good scores.

Does anyone have tips to get a faster run time? I’m thinking of adding sprints to my workouts.
I am a endurance runner as well. I have been getting 12 minutes consecutively. So I know I will pass. I just suck at push-ups I can do about 40 before I really start struggling most I can do is 44

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I am a endurance runner as well. I have been getting 12 minutes consecutively. So I know I will pass. I just suck at push-ups I can do about 40 before I really start struggling most I can do is 44
Break up your push-ups into sets. Do 100 or 200 pushups a day in sets of 10, 15, 20 etc throughout the day. You'll find your push-up max will increase without much effort.

PEFO Silver-Shades

Yes, run 30-60's or 60-120's. 30 or 60 seconds of sprinting, followed 60 or 120 of rest respectively. Repeat. This will condition your body to get use to running at a faster speed. Once you get comfortable with that you can do 30-30's or bump it up to 60-60, or 60-30
To add on to this, if you start to see this getting easier, you could start sprinting 30-60s and jogging 60-120. i found this helped get my overall speed to improve

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Ok good advice thanks. I work out every day and do about 40 push-ups a day.
Nice, if you're already doing that I'd triple or quadruple your push-ups throughout the day, obviously rest a day here and there and then retry the two minute max test after a couple weeks.

I saw another one where you do three variations of push ups until failure for each. You do diamonds, then regular, then wide. You do three sets of these.
The reason for this is that each variation builds arm strength in different areas which will in turn increase your push up count. I think this is great to add into something you do every other day

Ghost SWO

Contributor
To add on to this, if you start to see this getting easier, you could start sprinting 30-60s and jogging 60-120. i found this helped get my overall speed to improve
Lol, the interval day I did last week kind of turned into that by the second half. Felt good though.

This week I started off my "normal conversational pace" run at the speed I was nearly sprinting at last week without realizing it.

PEFO Silver-Shades

Lol, the interval day I did last week kind of turned into that by the second half. Felt good though.

This week I started off my "normal conversational pace" run at the speed I was nearly sprinting at last week without realizing it.
I tend to do that as well, damn completeness to beat my run times.

zarevich

When I was training for 3mile run, I was given a work out plan by my command and it read something like:
Monday - run .5miles as fast as you can, rest 2min and repeat until 3miles
Tuesday - 80% 4min run, 60% 2min, repeat for 3miles.
Wednesday - regular 3mile run at your best pace.
Thursday - 300 yard sprint followed by 1min rest x6.
Friday - forgot
Saturday - we would do 40lb rack sack on the beach for 2 hours.

All these runs were after a regular workout.
My time decreased by 5min after 1 1/2 month.

zarevich

I will request a workout plan that helps people get ready for PST when I come back, the PST consists of:
Push ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, 3mil run and 500m swim. Pm if interested and I will send it whenever I get it hopefully next week or 2.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I will request a workout plan that helps people to get ready for PST when I come back, the PST consists of:
Push ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, 3mil run and 500m swim. Pm if interested and I will send it whenever I get it hopefully next week or 2.
Sounds like the Marines...? Or is this the Navy Special Warfare pipeline test?

PEFO Silver-Shades

I will request a workout plan that helps people get ready for PST when I come back, the PST consists of:
are they still conducting situps in the PRT or has it changed to planks?

notacoverband

Here's some options for speed.
  1. Loose weight best way to get faster
  2. Negative splits (start off slower for the first half, make sure your second half is quicker by at least 30 seconds per mile), or start slow speed up at regular intervals. Teaches your legs how to go faster when tired.
  3. Stairs/hills build leg muscle for speed (not my preferred way though),
  4. Farklets (spelling?? go out for an easy run, pick up a point and sprint to it, slow down, pick another point).
  5. Tempo run (ex you run easily at 10 minute miles so tempo would be 8:30-9:00ish, really tough but not sprinting.)
  6. Intervals

2-3 Easy runs a week, 1 Speed workout from above a week, and 1 long"er" run per week of about 5 miles. When I'm training I do 1,2, and 5.