• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

zarevich

I was told I was on the board but my name isn't on the board list so.... We will see what happens if my package was sent to board
same, needed to add a document to my package and I think by the time I updated my package the at board list was already put together. My CCC said that I should be on it after he talked to Mr. Celestine so we will find out I guess.

Marcus_Aurelius

Greetings from the 2NOV2020 SNA/NFO selection board! I'm wishing all of you the best of luck!

We just got our results back and I'm starting to reach out to all of those who have the same OCS date as me because I've created a shared Google Drive for us to use for studying and I've created a GroupMe to communicate with everyone who has the same OCS date.

Whenever you guys get your results, if you have an OCS date of 26 SEP 2021, reach out to me and I will include you in the Google Drive and GroupMe.

Once again, good luck!

Chuckdan

Bit of curiosity, lets say someone is accepted to one board (top choice), and they get accepted to another board that they don't end up picking, is that taken into consideration when dealing with quotas? Not sure if I'm getting my point across here but would like to know if a spot is given to someone that doesn't take it, does that take away from someone who would have accepted it but got denied?

zarevich

Bit of curiosity, lets say someone is accepted to one board (top choice), and they get accepted to another board that they don't end up picking, is that taken into consideration when dealing with quotas? Not sure if I'm getting my point across here but would like to know if a spot is given to someone that doesn't take it, does that take away from someone who would have accepted it but got denied?
I believe that open spot just gets pushed for the next board since OCS does not have alternatives unlike STA-21

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Bit of curiosity, lets say someone is accepted to one board (top choice), and they get accepted to another board that they don't end up picking, is that taken into consideration when dealing with quotas?
I think that is taken into consideration that not everyone who receives a recommendation will actually accept the recommendation because they don't want it, or because they've accepted something else.

would like to know if a spot is given to someone that doesn't take it, does that take away from someone who would have accepted it but got denied?
If the applicant was denied already, that's like the board saying we didn't want you this time. So if there was a floating recommendation out there, you can't take a recommendation from someone else's application and slap it on someone else who was already denied. The quota that was filled but rejected and is burned for that cycle. That quota is probably reinserted into the following board to be filled again. This is resolved ultimately by reapplying and getting selected and getting that quota slot that was burned on the previous board cycle. If that makes sense.

villo0692

If you were selected for SNA/NFO and SWO, you could choose after SWO results are released.
I don't believe that is true, as far as what I've heard from recruiters and people after they get selected, is that if you get picked for your first choice, that's what you get... so technically if you got accepted for SNA (which you did, congrats) you won't get a commissioning offer for SWO even if you did get picked when it convened...like why would you, you already got your top choice.....does that make sense?

I don't believe that is true, as far as what I've heard from recruiters and people after they get selected, is that if you get picked for your first choice, that's what you get... so technically if you got accepted for SNA (which you did, congrats) you won't get a commissioning offer for SWO even if you did get picked when it convened...like why would you, you already got your top choice.....does that make sense?
That’s exactly what my recruiter told me as well.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I'm not 100% sure. You are correct but you're referring to an application that is submitted with ordered preference on the designators (I.E. First choice). As far as I understand, there is a difference between ranked submissions and unranked submissions. I'd probably need exNavyOffRec to clean that up for me.

Since I applied for three designators unranked (Not having a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice), I questioned before applying, "What if I was selected for SNA and SWO but there's a delay between them?". My OR instructed me that I could wait until the results are released from all three before I make my decision. That's as much as I know. Edit for brevity

The first time I came across the choice and ranked designators discussion is on this SWO board (There may be others I haven't run into yet). I actually had to ask this thread what that "SWO Choice (1, 2, 3)" column meant on the Excel sheet because I was never given an option to rank my designators. I didn't know I could even do that.

Thank you, and good luck to you! Hopefully results are released soon for you guys.

Last edited:

damtaylor17

I didnt want to post my stats cause I am a bit self conscious about them and I imagine some other people feel the same
I get that but, the sheet is using username from airwarriors so not really attributable to you or others as long as real name is not added

zarevich

I'm not 100% sure. You are correct but you're referring to an application that is submitted with ordered preference on the designators (I.E. First choice). As far as I understand, there is a difference between ranked submissions and unranked submissions. I'd probably need exNavyOffRec to clean that up for me.

Since I applied for three designators unranked (Not having a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice), I questioned before applying, "What if I was selected for SNA and SWO but there's a delay between them?". My OR instructed me that I could wait until the results are released from all three before I make my decision. That's as much as I know. Edit for brevity

The first time I came across the choice and ranked designators discussion is on this SWO board (There may be others I haven't run into yet). I actually had to ask this thread what that "SWO Choice (1, 2, 3)" column meant on the Excel sheet because I was never given an option to rank my designators. I didn't know I could even do that.

Thank you, and good luck to you! Hopefully results are released soon for you guys.
When you wrote down your designators in the 3 boxes, those are your ranked choices. For me it was Intel-SWO-SWO(Intel), meaning Intel was my first choice and SWO my second

Ghost SWO

Contributor
When you wrote down your designators in the 3 boxes, those are your ranked choices. For me it was Intel-SWO-SWO(Intel), meaning Intel was my first choice and SWO my second
Unfortunately I didn't write them in myself. My application just had them listed in a large open box at the top. If the recruiter ordered them, I probably didn't question it because I believe it was already in the order I preferred.

SNA
NFO
SWO

Thanks for the clarification! I'm still not sure what he meant then when he said I could choose after the last board... That's still an outlying statement that I can't rectify if it was in fact ordered. He was a pretty new OR and I was his first aviation applicant so it may have been said in error.

exNavyOffRec

you do get to pick, however that is assuming all results come back at the same time, now you have a short time to let them know what you want, and if nothing is submitted you are processed for your first pick.

This is rare now and the boards are more split up.

Some examples, if you submit for SNA/SNFO/SWO and SNA/SNFO board comes back and it is a Y, then if SWO hasn't convened then it will be pulled from SWO, now if SWO is held first and you are Y then you can take SWO and they will pull you from SNA/SNFO, or if you wait for results you can decide when SNA/SNFO comes back, of course if you want SWO why wait for SNA/SNFO results.

The way things normally run it would be odd to actually have that choice now, but you could.

notacoverband

Better time than any to plug this again, but if you haven't already and/or just lurking the thread, post your stats here!
Wow beautiful spread sheet! Mind if I copy your format? Thanks in advance!

zarevich

Just got access to check rosters for each OCS class, if 2 people who applied for SWO can give PM me their last name so I can check the list daily and not only check for my name and hopefully provide people with good news?