• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Survey: Who is Planning to Attend Air PLC 201?

jdflyer09

Not sure what class it is. I will be attending PLC 2nd. Increment scheduled for 5July.
Going for an air contract, ASTB this week
Run 298 PFT, but I am interested to see how that will hold up in Quantico

See you there!

southpaw

I've been running a lot and doing push/pulls or what I think are push/pulls. I assumed it was consecutive sets of pull-ups and push-ups with no rest in between sets and then 3 sets of max sit-ups. Does anyone have advice on other exercises that I could do at the gym that might emulate some of the stuff at OCS? Also, does anyone know the exact start and end dates for the 10 week PLC?

Thanks

2ndGen

Third times a charm
I've been running a lot and doing push/pulls or what I think are push/pulls. I assumed it was consecutive sets of pull-ups and push-ups with no rest in between sets and then 3 sets of max sit-ups. Does anyone have advice on other exercises that I could do at the gym that might emulate some of the stuff at OCS? Also, does anyone know the exact start and end dates for the 10 week PLC?

Thanks

28 May-07 Aug. I would do lots of body weight exercises like dips, pullups, pushups, squats. The biggest thing that I hear about OCS is having upper body muscular strength/endurance.

AJB37

Thanks

Go to a surplus store and buy an ammo can, fill that with sand and tape or weld it shut. Then do standing military presses with that. We did push/pull followed by press/abs.

8WOOD

28 May-07 Aug. I would do lots of body weight exercises like dips, pullups, pushups, squats. The biggest thing that I hear about OCS is having upper body muscular strength/endurance.

My OSO told me may 30th... Why are you leaving two days early? Was I told wrong?

2ndGen

Third times a charm
My OSO told me may 30th... Why are you leaving two days early? Was I told wrong?

Just checked the calander out. The 28th is a Thursday, so that would be the night that I would stay in the hotel. Report the 29th, indoc begins saturday the 30th. I keep checking the ocs website but they still only have OCC-200s class schedule up.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor

Thanks

HIIT i.e. sprint 100m, do 30 pushup, sprint 100m, do hyper extensions, sprint 100m, do plyometrics

Basically what the muscular endurance course is

southpaw

Thanks for the tips guys. I did the press yesterday with 15lb and 20lb dumbells; it killed my shoulders but it's good to know what I need to work on. I'll get the ammo can from my dad when I go home. I'm going to try the HIIT stuff today instead of going on a long run (too much homework to run for an hour).

-Ed

edit: I just did a HIIT workout; wow I am dead. Thanks again for the heads-up; looks like I need to be doing a lot more of this.

aukonak

Go to a surplus store and buy an ammo can, fill that with sand and tape or weld it shut. Then do standing military presses with that. We did push/pull followed by press/abs.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good substitute? I tried using a barbell plate but that was too big, tried using bars but couldn't get the right weight.

MettGT

pilot
Anyone have any suggestions for a good substitute? I tried using a barbell plate but that was too big, tried using bars but couldn't get the right weight.

:confused: Sand-filled ammo can is ~30lbs....I guess if you didn't want to use a plate or bar with weights on it, you could substitute with a cinder block. It's roughly the same size of an ammo can and is around 30lbs.