• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Survey: Who is Planning to Attend Air PLC 201?

Sennin

Sucker free since OH 3
Well, just wanted to say hi to this thread. I am turning in my packet this week. Although I'm going to need a pretty substantial age waiver...29.5 years old.

My OSO says the age waiver is not going to be a problem if I can hit the 3mile at 18 mins. Uhhhhh. Wow. The guys at the running store were like..."we see that kinda time in 18 year olds out of cross country programs"

8wood, been reading your posts, and jealous of your perfect 300. I'm not likely to get close...but worth the try. I'm working out mega, but 20/100/18 is going to be really hard. I'm good weight and height, but jeez.

I can ace the ASTB, and have all service recommendations.

I am more likely to hit like...5/100/22 at best. Anyone want to tell me I'm wasting my time? Good to get in shape anyways...

edit: Seattle, WA BA from University of Nevada (Poly Sci/Soc dual) 2.9 gpa

8WOOD

Anybody have an Idea of when the next board meeting is?

Another air candidate from my school called the OSO today (Feb 9) and discovered the board met today, and that we should hear back by tomorrow Feb 10th.

ITS DRIVING ME INSANE:icon_boun

8WOOD

Well, just wanted to say hi to this thread. I am turning in my packet this week. Although I'm going to need a pretty substantial age waiver...29.5 years old.
8wood, been reading your posts, and jealous of your perfect 300. I'm not likely to get close...but worth the try. I'm working out mega, but 20/100/18 is going to be really hard. I'm good weight and height, but jeez.

Sennin-- You can get to 18 minutes or dang close in three months training if you’re running it in 22 minutes now--it's going to suck! But it’s worth it. And just so you know, I am not at the 18 minutes yet, but I got a 300 because I ran it at 5,000 feet, which qualifies for a minute and half waiver; however, I will be running under 18 minutes come time for OCS.
My Running Strategy: If you haven't ran in a while, or ever, take a good week getting your body use to it. Run 3 miles on M W F S at a very slow pace (9 minute miles or 10 minute miles). After this, its time to start pushing your body. Run this schedule M W Th F S for every week. On Monday warm up running a very slow 1 mile--then run the next 3 miles as fast as you can and TIME yourself--you will use this as a benchmark. Tuesday take a day to recover :). Wednesday, warm up, run 3 miles at a steady pace. Thursday use a track--run one mile slow, and then run your MAX speed for one lap, then slow the next lap, and repeat till you do 2 miles. Friday run another good pace 3 miles (under 23-24 minutes.) Then on Saturday run 6-8 miles at an easy speed. Sunday rest AHHH...
Each week follow that plan, using monday as your benchmark. You want to be taking off 15-25 seconds of your 3 miles every monday. If you keep this up for 3 months you'll be running 18 minute miles. :p p.s. Running with someone competitive is a great idea.
Additionally, start doing lots of pull ups. Getting to twenty isn't hard either. Just start small and work your way up. If you can do 5 now start doing about 25 broken up into manageable sets in the mornings (try to keep it under 20 minutes.) After a while start resting less between sets till they combine into a total of 25 :). Ps. If you start getting over 10-15 pullups in a set-- do more like a total of 80 pull ups. You'll hit 20 in no time. Also if you want, buy creaitine and have a serving just before doing pull ups or lifting--it will help you progress really fast! I don't use it, but it will really help you get to twenty quick.
Don't throw the towel in. If you train way hard and get a 300 or even close to it, you'll show your OSO and the board how hard your willing to work. This is what they want--they want to see people progress.
GOOD LUCK

edit: Also, I'd stop drinking ALL SODA, BEER, FRUIT DRINKS that are not 100% juice, and stop eating junk food until your graduated from OCS. Maybe if you were 21 you could get away with it.

jdflyer09

From my understanding of the way it works is that you get accepted to PLC with either a ground, air, or law contract. You don't get accepted then choose what you want to get.

The selection boards meet every so often, sometimes they are scheduled, sometimes they are not. I was just wondering when the next board meets, that way I will have some idea of how long I have to wait for news.

Can anyone find this out for sure? I am about 90% positive changing is fairly easy. I initially signed Air and Ground PLC contracts, and then my OSO said take the ASTB whenever (before TBS) and once you qualify, you've got it.
I don't think he's blowing smoke up my ass judging by other conversations let me know if anyone else has some input.

2ndGen

Third times a charm
Another air candidate from my school called the OSO today (Feb 9) and discovered the board met today, and that we should hear back by tomorrow Feb 10th.

ITS DRIVING ME INSANE:icon_boun
Shit, now i'm nervous, waiting for a damn phone call.....ahhhhhhh!

2ndGen

Third times a charm
Can anyone find this out for sure? I am about 90% positive changing is fairly easy. I initially signed Air and Ground PLC contracts, and then my OSO said take the ASTB whenever (before TBS) and once you qualify, you've got it.
I don't think he's blowing smoke up my ass judging by other conversations let me know if anyone else has some input.

I think what you did was during your contracting you applied for either a ground or an air slot. You get selected for on or the other. People do this to make sure that they can get to OCS. If it is not what they want, they can switch it later, generally without much trouble.

jdflyer09

I think what you did was during your contracting you applied for either a ground or an air slot. You get selected for on or the other. People do this to make sure that they can get to OCS. If it is not what they want, they can switch it later, generally without much trouble.

Good to go.
Makes sense. I am not sure of my class number, but if its 201, see you there!

dtxz

Looks Lost
pilot
Got 'em! OSO called Friday telling me that I'm a 'go' on OCC-201. I'm pumped.

By the way, this is my first post on AW and I've been reading it for the past 3 months as I went through the ASTB, PFT training, etc. stages of package preparation--AW definitely helped through all of it!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I am more likely to hit like...5/100/22 at best. Anyone want to tell me I'm wasting my time? Good to get in shape anyways...

Old man your best bet for getting you PFT score as high as possible is to get your pull up count up. Work on your run time for sure but get on a pull up program. Be damn sure you are doing them correctly. What you are counting at home may not count at OCS. It's not uncommon for a candidate to "lose" several reps due to poor form and never know it until they drop from the bar.

Good luck!!

southpaw

Hey guys,

I'll be heading to PLC (I guess 201?) this summer also. I'm Ed, senior (5-year plan though) at Virginia Tech, Civil Engineering major.

aukonak

Most likely contracting air soon, was already selected for 200 ground but paperwork knocked me out of it.

Washington, DC, International Relations major, last pre-ship PFT was 260 but I expect it to be up around 280ish now.

Edit: not PLC though, OCC