• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SUPPLY DCO, FEB 2015 BOARD

SlimShady

The Real...
Anyone heard any interesting news regarding the upcoming July board? Proposed number of selected? How many applicants? Other stuff?

Were they Supply Officers? I have 5 Supply Officer Recommendations 3 are O-6, 2 are O-5, one from my Old CO who is an Admiral Select, and 1 US Congressman!!!

Jones29681

Question for any of you guys putting in a kit or already selected as Supply DCO:

Anybody self-employed have experience getting LORs? It's not like I have a supervisor to go to. I run an international importing business and so my options are:
1) international business contacts
2) domestic customers
3) personal contacts(friends, people I've done volunteer efforts with, etc)
4) graduate school classmates (MBA)

Also curious how long the LOR's are "good for"? I'm not applying until one of the 2016 boards, but I'm trying to put stuff together now. I'd like to knock out most of my kit ahead of graduating with my MBA in April 2016. I was advised by my OR to wait until the MBA is done to submit to the boards.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Jones,

You have to have References which are called called DD 370's and you have to have three of them. So people you did volunteer work for and people that you have done business with. Then you have to have Interview Appraisal Sheets done by Navy Officers. This form is a NAVCRUIT 1131/5 (REV 02-2014) So I am assuming you are applying for Supply Corps DCO. You have to have atleast 3 of these done by Officer. One of them has to be a Navy Reserve Supply Officer O-5 or above. Then the other can be a Reserve/Active Supply Officer O-4 and above and the third can be any type of Officer O-4 and above. The hard part for you is probably your not in the Reserves already and trying to find Officers to do these interviews. I was on Active Duty for 12 years and now in the Reserves and it is extremely hard finding people to do these interviews. It is basically networking and hoping someone you know, knows somebody, that knows somebody.

Jones29681

Timothy,
Thanks for the insight. I'm planning to lean pretty heavily on my OR to line up the interviews. I'll take your advice though and start working some channels and hopefully line up some interviews on my own. I know a retired Supply Officer and a handful of Navy aviators so I'll probably pick their brains a bit and see where that leads me. Luckily, I've got some time to sort this out.

Good pull on the Congressional LOR by the way! I'm going to start dropping into my Senator and Reps offices every day until they agree to get to know me. Haha.

exNavyOffRec

Good pull on the Congressional LOR by the way! I'm going to start dropping into my Senator and Reps offices every day until they agree to get to know me. Haha.

unless they have personal knowledge of your performance you would be better putting your efforts on those that have.