• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Board 01 JUN 2021

ezachmann

Hi All, I didn't see a thread for the June Navy SUPPO Board so I decided to start one. If I missed one that's already in existence please point me in that direction.

virginia26morr

OR told me that they aren't accepting any waivers for this board. Just a heads up for anyone hoping to get a waiver approved.

exNavyOffRec

That’s interesting... is there a reason he gave? My OR said he has someone else who got a GPA waiver approved.

It is possible they decided after the fact to halt waivers (if true), but a waiver to go to board doesn't mean the board will even entertain the waiver.

ericrussell6

It is possible they decided after the fact to halt waivers (if true), but a waiver to go to board doesn't mean the board will even entertain the waiver.
if the waiver was already approved, will the board still disapprove it? Given the latest news on waivers being accepted.

exNavyOffRec

if the waiver was already approved, will the board still disapprove it? Given the latest news on waivers being accepted.

A waiver is just so you can be seen by the board, if the PA says min 3.0 and a person has a 2.8 with a waiver the board could still meet and say "anyone with a GPA less than 3.0 will be rejected" and that is without even looking at the application, it has happened several times before.

virginia26morr

A waiver is just so you can be seen by the board, if the PA says min 3.0 and a person has a 2.8 with a waiver the board could still meet and say "anyone with a GPA less than 3.0 will be rejected" and that is without even looking at the application, it has happened several times before.
I've got a buddy that is rated 'HQA'. Do you have any experience with these?

NavyFanatic32

Is that from the NRD or NRC
What’s HQA? Also my recruiter is still waiting to hear back about my OAR waiver, he said that it was approved from his side, just waiting for another approval I guess. Do you know how long it typically takes? He told me today that NRC accepted my kit but it will probably QC it and say that a waiver is required? What does QC mean? And any idea on odds of hearing back about approval or denial before the at board list comes outcome ? Waiver was submitted on 4/28.

exNavyOffRec

What’s HQA? Also my recruiter is still waiting to hear back about my OAR waiver, he said that it was approved from his side, just waiting for another approval I guess. Do you know how long it typically takes? He told me today that NRC accepted my kit but it will probably QC it and say that a waiver is required? What does QC mean? And any idea on odds of hearing back about approval or denial before the at board list comes outcome ? Waiver was submitted on 4/28.
QC is quality control, surprised they submitted without waiver ok'd yet, they could just kick it right back to the NRD, who long just depends on how much work they have.

exNavyOffRec

Said his recruiter made that designation and the package is at NRC.
That is just a personal opinion, the board is the only opinion that matters, I worked with a guy who was talking about this great Supply applicant, D1 athlete, internships, 3.7-3.9 GPA, LOR's from congressman, retired officers etc... and then my person, 3.1ish GPA worked part time through college then became manager of small retail store, did a bunch of volunteer work but nothing really stood out compared to the others we were submitting, his was given a N, mine was given a Y.

If I had to have made the call I would have picked his for a Y, but it only matters what the board says.

virginia26morr

That is just a personal opinion, the board is the only opinion that matters, I worked with a guy who was talking about this great Supply applicant, D1 athlete, internships, 3.7-3.9 GPA, LOR's from congressman, retired officers etc... and then my person, 3.1ish GPA worked part time through college then became manager of small retail store, did a bunch of volunteer work but nothing really stood out compared to the others we were submitting, his was given a N, mine was given a Y.

If I had to have made the call I would have picked his for a Y, but it only matters what the board says.
Got it. Thanks for the reply, I’ll let him know.

what’s the difference between NRD and NRC and why does it matter?