• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Board 01 JUN 2021

Here is a question, because I am not familiar at all with all of this! How long is OCS? And after OCS, do you go right into the actual Supply training in RI? Or is there some type of break in between? And if so, how long is that usually? Living arrangements here are up in the air, so didn't know if it would be beneficial for my son to move up to RI during OCS (even though he can't see her), then stay thru the training, just move up after OCS, or stay put here for all of it until her first duty station.

Beva

I got a big fat N too, but congrats to those who made it!

I was trying to avoid retaking the OAR but that might be my only option.

Civilian
50 OAR (second try)
BA of accounting 3.37
Masters of accounting 3.87
Age waiver I'm 30
LOR from former boss, former superior and former co worker.

NavyFanatic32

Civilian
50 OAR (second try)
BA of accounting 3.37
Age waiver I'm 30
Sorry to hear. I honestly wouldn’t retest. I got in with a 44 (OAR waiver) bachelors in business 3.44, pending MBA (graduating in 3 weeks) 3.57.
My recruiter thinks I was picked up because of my degrees along with athletic involvement and leadership experience. In my motivational statement I made sure to highlight how those experiences will translate well into Supply
Maybe rework your motivational statement and highlight any major leadership experiences you have if you didn’t already.

Beva

Sorry to hear. I honestly wouldn’t retest. I got in with a 44 (OAR waiver) bachelors in business 3.44, pending MBA (graduating in 3 weeks) 3.57.
My recruiter thinks I was picked up because of my degrees along with athletic involvement and leadership experience. In my motivational statement I made sure to highlight how those experiences will translate well into Supply
Maybe rework your motivational statement and highlight any major leadership experiences you have if you didn’t already.

Congrats on getting picked up! And thanks for the advice. I'll rework my statement and give it another shot. Right now it's mostly about my previous work experience and the volunteering I've done.

NavyFanatic32

Congrats on getting picked up! And thanks for the advice. I'll rework my statement and give it another shot. Right now it's mostly about my previous work experience and the volunteering I've done.
Thank you. The only thing that I don’t have much knowledge about is if reworking your statement is enough to bypass the 6 month wait to reapply. Maybe get new LOR’s also?

NavyFanatic32

Here is a question, because I am not familiar at all with all of this! How long is OCS? And after OCS, do you go right into the actual Supply training in RI? Or is there some type of break in between? And if so, how long is that usually? Living arrangements here are up in the air, so didn't know if it would be beneficial for my son to move up to RI during OCS (even though he can't see her), then stay thru the training, just move up after OCS, or stay put here for all of it until her first duty station.

OCS is 13 weeks long. I believe Supply school is 5 or 6 months long. I believe once you get to Supply school you start getting BAH and you get to live on your own. Also I thought if you come in already married you will get BAH during OCS. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. As far as time in between OCS and Supply school I am not 100% sure if it’s right away. I read somewhere that it depends on the class dates for Supply school and when you graduate from OCS. RI is very expensive so I honestly would wait it out if possible, especially if BAH is given during OCS for married individuals.

@PontusPilot may have more insight as I believe they are either on the tail end of OCS or just graduated as a Supply Officer.

exNavyOffRec

Here’s the list! Congrats to those who made it. For those who didn't. Don’t give up. Your time will come. This board seemed to be very competitive.

I will be in OCS 23JAN22!
This is a high selection percentage, historically it is around 20%, part of the high selection percentage could be due to them restricting the number of applications to a point.

exNavyOffRec

Civilian
50 OAR (second try)
BA of accounting 3.37
Age waiver I'm 30

The new PA probably prevents you from applying, the max age is now 29 waiverable to 35 for veterans and active duty personnel, not sure if you had prior AD time or not.

It looks like many of those who rec'd a N had some sort of waiver, years ago Supply was known for not giving a Y to people with waivers.