• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupidest thing you've heard . . .

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
On a P-3 static during the Andrews AFB open house, "Did you really fly this here?"

Heard it twice that weekend.

That seems to be a recurrent theme w/ Navy aircraft. At Dayton this year, we had our 1985 "classic" parked next to a one year-old -60S. People would ask if ours still flew and if it was still in service. When told yes, they were surprised, so we would ask how how old they thought the Sierra was after hearing ours was an '85. "Uh, at least the '70's..." was often the answer. When we told them it was only a year old, they were even more blown away. Navy planes just look grodey, but I think it makes them look like they work for a living.

T-44C Static at Visiting Nurse Association Air Show, Stuart, FL.

How was that show? We were talking about going as the recruitment for participants seemed pretty forward leaning but we didn't have a bird to go. A bunch of nurses...an airshow...How can that not be a good time?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... If you have true balls, steal the Skipper's nametag. I've seen it done.
Now that's kinda' 'dumb' ... thanks for contributing. :):D

Were I the C.O. and if some Aviator in my 'Ron stole my nametag, I'd think he was a child and/or retarded. His FITREP would reflect that condition. We're big boys ... aren't we ???

Or, if you still wanna' 'do it' ... you could just go back to the Frat @ college. In the '20s ...

Boola-boola ... old school. :D

image.aspx

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
In a world where men can still make phallus/flatulence/homophobic jokes without immediate disciplinary action, "borrowing" the CO's nametag is childish? Did someone pee in your mai-tai, A4s?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In a world where men can still make phallus/flatulence/homophobic jokes without immediate disciplinary action, "borrowing" the CO's nametag is childish? Did someone pee in your mai-tai, A4s?

I had a CO who would give the JOs his nametag for air show or cross country shenanigans. I think he's an admiral now. :D

Brett

jfulginiti

pilot
None
I had a CO who would give the JOs his nametag for air show or cross country shenanigans. I think he's an admiral now. :D

Brett

That's actually a great idea.... if anything bad happens, he can say the JOs took it off his jacket and if anything good and/or cool happens, he can say "Hell yeah that was me!".

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor

Nope, just a different 'world' now, I guess ... we did PLENTY of 'stupid' stuff when I was 'in' ... just not childish stuff. If that's all you've got (stealing the CO's nametag, etc. -- and that's gay ... very, very gay ), then I don't know what to say ... I guess we operated on a 'higher' stupid plane ... :D

I'm not tryin' to be a killjoy, but: *edit* ... on reflection, most/all of my CO's were NOT the kinda guys that you played 'nametag, nametag, who's got the nametag?' with ... mebbe that's got something to do with it. When I was 'CO' @ Dallas --"we" were invisible. "We" were never there ...

ryan1234

When I worked line service at an airport in college, a buddy of mine and I ended up refueling some dude's mooney......he had made a pretty rough landing and we heard a big screech at one point. When I walked by the prop I noticed that there was a big chunk missing from the tip of one of the blades and the others were somewhat bent. I tried to politely mention it to him, but the guy seemed pretty confident that it wasn't an issue. He departed about an hour later and I have no idea what ended up happening, though I didn't hear any reports of an accident so maybe he was right :) Still struck me as kind of stupid

I've had a few line guys ask when/why I had a prop strike because the tip of the props were 'bent' on the aircraft I was flying - in my case, the props were Q-tips.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've had a few line guys ask when/why I had a prop strike because the tip of the props were 'bent' on the aircraft I was flying - in my case, the props were Q-tips.

These were def not meant to be this way, but Q tips are cool :)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
While giving a tour during an airshow onboard a P-3- "Does this plane still fly?"

On a P-3 static during the Andrews AFB open house, "Did you really fly this here?"

Obligatory response: Nah, we just snapped the wings off, threw it on a flatbed and drove it over...the same way we hunt subs.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
"Young man, I'll stand where I want to stand." The lady Mayor of my hometown at the local airport. She was standing 20 feet away from an old Howard, right in line with the cylinders of it's radial engine on start up. She WAS wearing a white jacket and skirt. As soon as the engine fired though, she looked like a leopard.

jtmedli

pilot
"Young man, I'll stand where I want to stand." The lady Mayor of my hometown at the local airport. She was standing 20 feet away from an old Howard, right in line with the cylinders of it's radial engine on start up. She WAS wearing a white jacket and skirt. As soon as the engine fired though, she looked like a leopard.

Love it....classic!!

yak52driver

Contributor

That's what I call poetic justice...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
From some airshow nerd to my copilot at an airshow:

"So who makes the insulation on those wires?"

When my T2P didn't know, the nerd looked at him like he was retarded.

ryan1234

These were def not meant to be this way

There is a certain private airport in FL that has a 'crash crew', made up of other some of the older pilots, that will actually move a gear-up, prop strike, engine fire or some other accident aircraft off the runway and into a hangar... to be closed up for a while to prevent anyone from contacting the NTSB about any incident or the FAA inquiring about current medicals, etc...
... so if they can just make it back to that airport...