• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupidest thing you've heard . . .

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
"Young man, I'll stand where I want to stand." The lady Mayor of my hometown at the local airport. She was standing 20 feet away from an old Howard, right in line with the cylinders of it's radial engine on start up. She WAS wearing a white jacket and skirt. As soon as the engine fired though, she looked like a leopard.

I bet that bitch learned a lesson.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I bet that bitch learned a lesson.

Yeah Right. I'm sure she just bitched a lot, and blamed the airplane for being soo "environmentally unfriendly".

Mistakes? She's the Mayor! She doesn't make mistakes!!! It's everyone else's fault!

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
On the side of things that "guys wearing the same uniforms as us" say:

Working with the carrier, there was an HSL bird taking off while we were refueling. It was about 1245 and the carrier asked for his Red Light. "Umm...1330." came the reply. "Say again" from the carrier. "Oh, sorry. 1245." "Yeah, Warbird, I'm going to need you to learn how to do math and then get back to me with your Red Light."

BTW for non-helo or carrier bubbas: Red Light is the time (local) that you expect to have too little fuel to effect a SAR.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Yeah Right. I'm sure she just bitched a lot, and blamed the airplane for being soo "environmentally unfriendly".

Mistakes? She's the Mayor! She doesn't make mistakes!!! It's everyone else's fault!

She sent the airport the bill for her clothes. Manager tore it up and threw it away.
This was a while before the ECOcraze started.

GroundPounder

Not aviation related, but it still is the stupidest thing I've heard to date;

" But she can't be pregnant, she said she was on the pill. "

His child support is 22% of his gross.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
My on-wing and I took a T-34C to an airshow about six months back when I was in Primary and had two rather interesting questions from a couple of old-timers.

1) "Do you think this one right here flew in World War II?"

2) "Now the back seat, that's for the gunner - Right?"

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
My on-wing and I took a T-34C to an airshow about six months back when I was in Primary and had two rather interesting questions from a couple of old-timers.

1) "Do you think this one right here flew in World War II?"

2) "Now the back seat, that's for the gunner - Right?"

"Yessir, the back seat is where the gunner sits. That switch there arms the gun. We control it using these little black knobs on the left side here, and we fire it using this switch on the lower left panel right here. The gunner locates the target using a FLIR pod on the gun and looking into that little green screen."

The first time I saw a T-34C cockpit someone could have told me this and I totally would have believed them.

Lawman

None
Not aviation related but definately something I wanted to hear the end of. Guy talking on his cell phone on a packed campus bus loud enough that we were all getting half the conversation. As he steps off the bus you just hear "Hey man, at least she's not doing heroin".... Bus pulls on.... everybodys kinda quiet and I just go "Am I the only one that wants to know what the hell she's doing that the next worse thing is heroin?"

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
"Yessir, the back seat is where the gunner sits. That switch there arms the gun. We control it using these little black knobs on the left side here, and we fire it using this switch on the lower left panel right here. The gunner locates the target using a FLIR pod on the gun and looking into that little green screen."

The first time I saw a T-34C cockpit someone could have told me this and I totally would have believed them.

"And this hood here is concealment for surprise attacks."

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
"Is that a video of (President) Lincoln?!" Mrs. Pickle...about an hour ago...

I think Vice President Biden said that Roosevelt used the same videocamera to give his radio fireside chats as Lincoln had recording the Gettysburg Address.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well... I've been guilty of spreading disinformation at airshows before. After a few hours of standing in the sun answering the same questions over and over again, the need to amuse yourself takes over.

"Yes, that screw goes all the way to the tail and holds the plane together."

"That thing on the nose?" (ARBS) "That's the ID scanner to make sure only authorized people are allowed in the cockpit." At that point, have your buddy grab the canopy release and swipe your ID across the ARBS as he pops open the canopy. "See"

"No, this plane doesn't fly. We just tow it out here for airshows"

etc...