• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
If they are doing WOs, they are messing with you and want you to fail.

Warfare devices are common, know them. Pretty common for your warfare device and that of your roommate to come up in RLP, at least when I was there.
Maybe I should know this but WO?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
It clicked right after. Do they tend to stay in the navy lane or do you see a lot of marine questions? Also do they make you sing the hymns or just state them?

LET73

It clicked right after. Do they tend to stay in the navy lane or do you see a lot of marine questions? Also do they make you sing the hymns or just state them?
I got almost exclusively Navy questions, but it all depends.

In Pensacola, we had shower bays/group head calls, and sometimes the candios would stand outside and tell us to sing "Anchors Aweigh" and/or the Marine Hymn. You'll need to learn the tune.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
There's no standard. It all depends on what the DI or RDC you get feels like asking you. If you get the hymns or national anthem, you are expected to call attention and sing. One of the guys in our sister company broke a few LT's bearing when he gave a perfect rendition of the Navy Hymn.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
^^ We were told to scream our songs at the top of our lungs. I got Anchors Aweigh and Marines' Hymn, and one line of Star-Spangled Banner before Chief cut me off and said I was done.

Novaspike

We were asked a fair amount of marine questions, enough that marine enlisted and officer ranks were part of our 'big 5'.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
If you can sing, then that is ok. Otherwise scream.

And because the Navy hymn is not in the gouge pack, if they do it they want you to fail. Happened to a dude in my sister company.

I think I got marine ranks during my RLP. Or I could just be thinking of the guy when I was a candio who kept saying Marine officer ranks when the chief said Navy Officers (and after he was stopped and told he was doing it wrong, too).

Novaspike

There is a new gouge/appendex B, it includes the Navy Hymn. Also the pledge of allegiance and star spangled banner. Which I've been asked (though not at RLP).

Ultimyke

enthusing enthusiast
I got a few stupid questions about uniforms.

How do uniforms work when you get liberty? Are you required to wear them on liberty?

Do you have to wear them when leaving, then change into something else off-base?

Do you have any civilian clothes with you at all, besides stuff in the POV?