• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

xltn

I wasn't in shape when I went to bootcamp, I was 132lbs, 5'10, skinny and weak, never ran 1 day in my life. Bootcamp was hard. But now if I have to go through bootcamp again, it will be a joke. But again, it is because I have done it before. A lot of guys here, it is going to be their first time. It will be a culture shock for most of you. And it will suck, you will hate it for the most part. Any of you who might be in my class, I'm here to motivate you. I really don't care if I waste energy to go back to motivate the guy falling behind. This is OCS, it's not Marine bootcamp, where if you're shit hot, and be a dick, you may get that meritorious pfc or lcpl.

rawhide 26

pilot
I wasn't in shape when I went to bootcamp, I was 132lbs, 5'10, skinny and weak, never ran 1 day in my life. Bootcamp was hard. But now if I have to go through bootcamp again, it will be a joke. But again, it is because I have done it before. A lot of guys here, it is going to be their first time. It will be a culture shock for most of you. And it will suck, you will hate it for the most part. Any of you who might be in my class, I'm here to motivate you. I really don't care if I waste energy to go back to motivate the guy falling behind. This is OCS, it's not Marine bootcamp, where if you're shit hot, and be a dick, you may get that meritorious pfc or lcpl.

Let me make this clear OCS is not a joke. I takes a lot of effort and determination. If you are out of shape it will really suck. Keep in mind they are trying to make you become navy officers. Not the most in shape people but well respected and need to be a leader and responsible. They will make sure you understand all styles of leadership, including following morons in your class that you wouldn't follow in chow line. To be clear OCS isn't easy, its just not insanely physical. My experience, if your on here and kinda know what to expect, you will be fine.

exNavyOffRec

Some of the people who had the most trouble were the priors who'd had a few years in the real Navy and didn't feel like putting up with the hoops OCS makes you jump through.

It is interesting you should mention that because I know or know of many AD who were picked up for OCS and ended up DOR because they couldn't or wouldn't put up with the hoops they had to go through, via the grapevine I had heard several had thought they would be given an easier time because they were AD enlisted.

LET73

It is interesting you should mention that because I know or know of many AD who were picked up for OCS and ended up DOR because they couldn't or wouldn't put up with the hoops they had to go through, via the grapevine I had heard several had thought they would be given an easier time because they were AD enlisted.
If anything, it's the opposite. There were higher expectations for the AD guys, precisely because they had that fleet experience. Some of them understood that, and were great classmates to have. Others had trouble.

Mozart

Is there any scenario where one would graduate OCS at a higher rank than ensign? For instance I have a MS in Chemistry, multiple professional certifications and time working in my professional field. I also have scientifiv jouirnal publications as well as my thesis. That being said, I am going pilot which has nothing to do with chemistry.

I am pretty positive I know that answer but figured id ask anyway.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Is there any scenario where one would graduate OCS at a higher rank than ensign? For instance I have a MS in Chemistry, multiple professional certifications and time working in my professional field. I also have scientifiv jouirnal publications as well as my thesis. That being said, I am going pilot which has nothing to do with chemistry.

I asked my OR this and was told that for "General Officer Programs," everyone starts at O-1.

exNavyOffRec

In regards to graduating rank from OCS you are no different than the guy who is graduating OCS with a degree in underwater basket-weaving, you will both be commissioned as Ensigns.

B619

From my understanding of "rolling out", you have to repeat the class or whatever you have failed on and it delays your graduation. If that is the case and assuming I leave on the 10th of August for OCS and my 27th birthday is the 11th of November (which gives me 91 days to graduate), will I have to kiss my dream of being an officer goodbye?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
From my understanding of "rolling out", you have to repeat the class or whatever you have failed on and it delays your graduation. If that is the case and assuming I leave on the 10th of August for OCS and my 27th birthday is the 11th of November (which gives me 91 days to graduate), will I have to kiss my dream of being an officer goodbye?
Correction: dream of being a Naval aviator.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
What then happens from there?
If you roll you'd have to re-designate to something outside of aviation (if the program is willing to pick you up). You should ask someone about if they would ever issue an age waiver for something like that.