• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

3.5 GPA cumulative
Bachelor's in Business Management
64 OAR
Worked full-time and went to school full-time to support myself throughout college
5 years of supervisory/managerial experience
Interview/Appraisal from 1 Captain (SWO) and 1 Commander (Supply)
Reference from 1 retired Captain (MD), 1 retired Lieutenant Commander (SWO), and 3 other friends and family
No criminal background

1st choice: Supply
2nd choice: SWO

What are my chances guys??? is it super competitive right now?

Don't hold me to it, but I can't see how you wouldn't be picked up. You seem to have every box checked (and then some). Supply selection rates hover around 12-25% per board, but I would imagine you stand a very good shot at being selected, given the numbers of people reporting here who were picked up for Supply recently.

MBizzle

Pretty sure this fits under the title of this thread.
I've marched before in band and such, but style and forms vary. Does anyone have some gouge on what Navy marching is like?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Pretty sure this fits under the title of this thread.
I've marched before in band and such, but style and forms vary. Does anyone have some gouge on what Navy marching is like?

Arms swing 6 inches to the front and 3 inches to the rear, hands balled up in tight fists and knuckles brushing your trouser seams with each swing. An arm's length between each row in the platoon. No bouncing around; the people who do it best look like they're on a moving sidewalk. If you'd really like to learn more, you can look up the Marine Corps drill manual, since that's what the DI's are teaching from, but like croakerfish said, that's going a bit far. I wouldn't recommend looking at that unless you got the gouge cold. Rest assured, the DI's will make sure you know how to march.

-Former drill body

LET73

Usually after OCS, since you'll be an E-5 for all of three months while you're there, so it makes more sense to get it after you commission in most cases.
Really? In Pensacola, we got ours at some point during the first three weeks of OCS--I still have a photocopy of mine. We all packed into PSD after a session in the rose garden. Most of us fell asleep, and every single one of us had pinkeye, so clearly that was a great idea. We got our new ensign IDs right around when we commissioned.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Really? In Pensacola, we got ours at some point during the first three weeks of OCS--I still have a photocopy of mine. We all packed into PSD after a session in the rose garden. Most of us fell asleep, and every single one of us had pinkeye, so clearly that was a great idea. We got our new ensign IDs right around when we commissioned.
There was nothing organized for us. Some people went to PSD on their own to make it easier to get back on base as candios on liberty weekends, and to make it easier to get on base at their next command until they got their new O-1 CAC card there (when I went to API, I had to show my orders and driver's license to get on). And there were also a lot of AD guys and gals in our class, who already had CAC cards. But for the most part, we had to go to PSD on our own time, either as a candio or right after graduation, or just wait until you get to your next command, which is what I did.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
If anyone is working on studying the OCS gouge, here's a little quizzer I made for the various rank insignia. Let me know if you find any bugs/mistakes, or if you have any suggestions for improvement.

http://webspace.ship.edu/jehamb/navy/rankQuizzer.html
Arod himself would approve, good stuff. For memorization purposes and ease of use it may be better to pull out the non-branch selections from the drop-down. i.e. if we have the navy symbol maybe just navy choices? from a patterning perspective it may help others associate those positions with the Navy and when they see the Marine choices they associate the same way. When asked to recall the info down the road they hear navy/marine and recall navy/marine from the patterning. my .02 but who am I