• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

44magnum

Ah, ok. I wasn't aware of the uninterrupted service wicket. I was inactive reserves, so that probably doesn't count.
According to the Navy/MC Awards Manual, up to a 90 day break in service is allowed. It also says midshipman status at the USNA counts if prior service, but no mention of OCS. However, I'd assume enlisted status while at OCS would count, so as long as you went to OCS within 90 days of separation (I don't know if you did) you should be good.

I recommend you google the Navy Awards Manual and look into it yourself. You should be familiar with that pub as an officer anyway.

Givemeinfo

I know there is a thread for the chain of command already but no one on it actually seems to know which chain of command to study. Does anyone that had already been to OCS know if the chain of command on the main website is the proper one to follow? I understand I'll be given a list when I get there but the more I can study ahead of time the better.

Thanks

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Good deal. Thanks. I'll be up in Jax for a concert most likely after I'm sworn in but since I don't have a CaC I most likely can't go on base for anything right?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone that had already been to OCS know if the chain of command on the main website is the proper one to follow? I understand I'll be given a list when I get there but the more I can study ahead of time the better.

Thanks
Can anyone give me an answer please
Answer to what? That's what the cite/quote block ^^^^^ is for!;)
BzB

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Can anyone give me an answer please
  1. Section Leader:
  2. Class CPO & Class DI:
  3. Class Officer:
  4. OCS Lead Class Officer: LTCDR Bass USN
  5. OCS Course Supervisor: CDR Bills USN
  6. XO, OCS: CDR Duering USN
  7. CO, OCS: CAPT Kemper USN
  8. CDR, Naval Service Training Command: CAPT Fink USN (RDML Mewbourne is at CSG 11 now I believe)
  9. CDR, Naval Education & Training Command: RADM White USN
  10. Chief of Naval Operations: ADM Greenert USN
  11. Secretary of the Navy: Honorable Mr Ray Maebus
  12. Secretary of Defense: Honorable Mr Chuck Hagel
  13. President of the US: Honorable Mr Barack Obama

Givemeinfo

1. Section Leader:
  2. Class CPO & Class DI:
  3. Class Officer:
  4. OCS Lead Class Officer: LTCDR Bass USN
  5. OCS Course Supervisor: CDR Bills USN
  6. XO, OCS: CDR Duering USN
  7. CO, OCS: CAPT Kemper USN
  8. CDR, Naval Service Training Command: CAPT Fink USN (RDML Mewbourne is at CSG 11 now I believe)
  9. CDR, Naval Education & Training Command: RADM White USN
  10. Chief of Naval Operations: ADM Greenert USN
  11. Secretary of the Navy: Honorable Mr Ray Maebus
  12. Secretary of Defense: Honorable Mr Chuck Hagel
  13. President of the US: Honorable Mr Barack Obama
Awesome, thank you! That's the one I've been following.

jakejake527

3.5 GPA cumulative
Bachelor's in Business Management
64 OAR
Worked full-time and went to school full-time to support myself throughout college
5 years of supervisory/managerial experience
Interview/Appraisal from 1 Captain (SWO) and 1 Commander (Supply)
Reference from 1 retired Captain (MD), 1 retired Lieutenant Commander (SWO), and 3 other friends and family
No criminal background

1st choice: Supply
2nd choice: SWO

What are my chances guys??? is it super competitive right now?

3.5 GPA cumulative
64 OAR
Worked full-time and went to school full-time to support myself throughout college
Reference from 1 retired Captain (MD), 1 retired Lieutenant Commander (SWO), and 3 other friends and family
No criminal background

Go talk to an officer recruiter to find out. Even then, nothing is guaranteed either way. You could have great credentials and get turned down or the exact opposite. No one is going to be able to tell you something like "you have a 63% chance of being accepted."

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
:)
3.5 GPA cumulative
64 OAR
No criminal background

Your package is super very competitive right now, your chances still depend upon ratio of qualified applicants v slots available, on a given board. Add any other notable personal accomplishments (community involvement, volunteerism, Eagle Scout etc.). Your interview with Supply O-5 a big plus for Supply. Good luck!:)
BzB