• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The final question about what happens if failing this class causes you to not earn your degree, well, I can't answer that one.
That would be a big problem, as he stated he needs this class to graduate (required for major?). No graduate = no degree = no OCS. At best, it would delay the FS, until the degree is awarded. The ProRec was given on the assumption that the degree would be awarded as scheduled. Whether the kit will have go before another board again, or the FS just be delayed, you will have to have a Recruiting Officer determine that.
BzB

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
That would be a big problem, as he stated he needs this class to graduate (required for major?). No graduate = no degree = no OCS. At best, it would delay the FS, until the degree is awarded. The ProRec was given on the assumption that the degree would be awarded as scheduled. Whether the kit will have go before another board again, or the FS just be delayed, you will have to have a Recruiting Officer determine that.
BzB
Oof. That's kind of what I figured (it's a similar situation to when we hire new faculty members under the assumption that they will graduate with their PhD's), but thanks for giving a definitive answer.

mitrokhin

Finished the exam, and I think I did rather well on it. The professor was encouraging - the class gets curved substantially. A third of our class was failing, but they will be bumped up to C's, allegedly.

jakejake527

Quick question:

During OCS, candidates receive an E-5 pay. How about their BAH pay if they have dependent(s)? BAH pay of an E-5 or O-1?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
are we allowed to wear white under-armor boxer briefs at OCS or do they have to be cotton/cloth? Didn't want to buy 8 pair for nothing

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
are we allowed to wear white under-armor boxer briefs at OCS or do they have to be cotton/cloth? Didn't want to buy 8 pair for nothing
I remember reading somewhere (possibly earlier in this thread) that no one is going to be looking at our underwear, as long as it is white so that it doesn't show through our white dress uniform.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
yeah it's a couple pages back but wasn't sure if material mattered/"gave an advantage". trying to think of everything before I get there without over thinking it. I'll pick them up and see what happens when I get there. Thanks

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I'll pick them up and see what happens when I get there. Thanks
That's probably a good plan unless they're very expensive. I made up packing and pre-OCS to-do lists a while back, but now that I'm about to enter month #4 of purgatory, they're gathering dust on my desk.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You could become a Naval Aviation legend, by wearing a mink lined jockstrap... with gold wings embroidered into the cup.:eek: The DIs would love it!:D
BzB