• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Incidentally, two of my former bosses are college professors. With the spring semester over at most schools, I'm beginning to wonder if they've become difficult to contact.

I've been through this background check process before. A few of my neighbors were spoken to as well as those yankees33 mentioned and anyone they thought would know me well.

doubd88

Quick question about OCS and peanuts?

I have recently noticed that i feel sick when i eat peanut butter, sometimes making me nauseous no matter what brand, it has not happened before and i have already been accepted SNA, I was just wondering if there is a way to avoid eating peanut butter in Navy OCS? i would hate for all this hard work to be for nothing.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
I have recently noticed that i feel sick when i eat peanut butter, sometimes making me nauseous no matter what brand, it has not happened before and i have already been accepted SNA, I was just wondering if there is a way to avoid eating peanut butter in Navy OCS? i would hate for all this hard work to be for nothing.

Well nobody shoves it down your throat if that's what you're asking....

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
And you have NOT been diagnosed with a food allergy, right? I'd stay away from any diagnoses this close to the game. Trust me.

Will_T

Will_T
I don't know about you, but I hate spicy Indian food (3 alarms going in, 5 coming out if you catch my drift), so I stay away from it. As long as you avoid eating it, because you don't "like" it, you'll be okay.
All the best, and congrats on the selection,
Will.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Your class will probably have to earn the right to even have peanut butter as an option at chow. Don't worry about it.

Gus Gorilla

I almost feel left out on the background check. I didn't get a single call or visit. To my knowledge neither have any of my contacts. Granted I held a Secret clearance before, but still. Nothing? That struck me as odd more than if I Had been called or checked more deeply. It seems very random.

I'm sure this has been addressed but the double words where a sentence carries over is misleading. I did not double ask a question like a douche.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I almost feel left out on the background check. I didn't get a single call or visit. To my knowledge neither have any of my contacts. Granted I held a Secret clearance before, but still. Nothing? That struck me as odd more than if I Had been called or checked more deeply. It seems very random.

I'm sure this has been addressed but the double words where a sentence carries over is misleading. I did not double ask a question like a douche.

I have experienced the same so far. I have friends that didn't meet an investigator until advanced. You're swore in, they have your papers, got your ocs date, I'm just turning in paper work as it is requested. I'm sure nothing is ever exactly the same as the next guy.

I'm seriously laughing out loud on this one. This is by far the funniest questions I have ever read about OCS, especially since I just graduated on Friday and it hits close to home. You don't get to decide what you eat for the first few weeks, but there won't be any peanut butter. We got peanut butter privileges sometime in week 4. GYSGT Scout Sniper insisted that we get peanut butter. To quote " Tell you what...you WILL eat peanut butter." Another candidate and I took this to heart and started out with the appropriate 2 packets of peanut butter. 2 became 4, and so on. Competition ensued. By week 7, we were up to 10-12 peanut butter packets per chow. 5 for our fruit bowl and at least 5 more for the PB&Js were eventually were allowed to get. Finally we got called out on it. Peanut Butter was one of the things that made the experience a little less sucky, especially the joke that it became, but no if you don't want it, you don't eat it.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
^^ You sound like the jackasses who would eat all the granola by each taking two bowls...

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
^^ You sound like the jackasses who would eat all the granola by each taking two bowls...

I used to get SO PISSED OFF when all the damn granola would be gone....and most of the time it'd be frickin sick call people who ate chow while everyone else was at PT. We'd come in and there'd be nothing left.

HA and I know who Vas Deferens is, they didn't eat that much granola....at least not that I can remember. We tried to teach them the tricks of getting to it before it ran out.

I used to get SO PISSED OFF when all the damn granola would be gone....and most of the time it'd be frickin sick call people who ate chow while everyone else was at PT. We'd come in and there'd be nothing left.

HA and I know who Vas Deferens is, they didn't eat that much granola....at least not that I can remember. We tried to teach them the tricks of getting to it before it ran out.

Oh yes, you taught us well. But I think collectively we all took too much. Its been slim pickens in the chow hall for the last several weeks. No granola, no trail mix, no raisins, etc. Apparently for the rest of the fiscal year. Sucks to be an indoc now. PB seemed like the Holy Grail though. No matter how much we took, there was always even more later. There must be hoards of that stuff in the dark back room wonderworks of the Chow Hall.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor

So I was in the breakfast chow line one day, and this turd from student pool is on the other side of the salad bar from me. We get to the granola and he grabs it before me. There's easily enough for a few more servings in there. He fills two bowls, emptying the container. I give him the biggest "WTF?!" look but he doesn't even think twice about it. It took every bit of my strength to not loose bearing and jump over the salad bar and start pummeling him right there. Granola was one of the few highlights of my life then, and that little beotch took it.

That was cathartic...