• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
wow.... it would be great if links like that just showed plain undies on a table or sumthin to that nature. Opening up a site to see a guys junk in tighty whities.... ugh :yuck_125:... where is a soldering gun when you need it?!?
Which is why if you look at the bottom of the original post you will see:

Last edited by HAL Pilot; 07-22-2010 at 07:00 AM. Reason: The link is enough.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Is this a recommendation to bring a cheap-o phone?

Hell no. I had my iPhone and it was awesome, because I could check my emails and surf the WWW. If I had brought a cheapo phone that would have made the time go by that much slower.

I was never in an situation where my phone could have been ruined.

m26

Contributor
Hell no. I had my iPhone and it was awesome, because I could check my emails and surf the WWW. If I had brought a cheapo phone that would have made the time go by that much slower.

I was never in an situation where my phone could have been ruined.

When were you able to start using your phone?

I was thinking about waiting until after OCS before getting a new phone, but I might reconsider if it'll make OCS any more bearable.

Bergers2short

None
When were you able to start using your phone?

I was thinking about waiting until after OCS before getting a new phone, but I might reconsider if it'll make OCS any more bearable.

Along the same lines, when you can start using your phone, will you have access to the internet? AT&T let's you switch your plan as you please, so I was thinking about dropping my data/internet plan before OCS and if I could get back on the plan once I'm allowed to use a phone, it'd be great. Does this seem possible?

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Along the same lines, when you can start using your phone, will you have access to the internet? AT&T let's you switch your plan as you please, so I was thinking about dropping my data/internet plan before OCS and if I could get back on the plan once I'm allowed to use a phone, it'd be great. Does this seem possible?

To save what? $40? And then you'll get your phone early because you're the med body or something, be sitting in your room wanting to check the NFL scores, and bam, no internet. Don't bother.

Phones will get dinged up there, just the nature of the game. Get a case. And highly recommend a smartphone as Lazers said. Helps pass time a lot better when you're a Candio. AT&T service sucked balls in Nimitz though. Anywhere not near an exterior side of the building was no service.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
To save what? $40? And then you'll get your phone early because you're the med body or something, be sitting in your room wanting to check the NFL scores, and bam, no internet. Don't bother.

Phones will get dinged up there, just the nature of the game. Get a case. And highly recommend a smartphone as Lazers said. Helps pass time a lot better when you're a Candio. AT&T service sucked balls in Nimitz though. Anywhere not near an exterior side of the building was no service.

True, but I did notice that the side facing the water seemed to give me better reception than any other part of the building. Making a phone call inside Nimitz proved to be impossible sometimes.

Gus Gorilla

Was it really the location? You did say AT&T right?? If it's under the blue sky then your in a poor reception area. Standby for dropped calls.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Was it really the location? You did say AT&T right?? If it's under the blue sky then your in a poor reception area. Standby for dropped calls.

Yes it was. I literally could go from one side of the building and the reception was worse than another side of the building.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
FWIW, I don't think any carrier had signal in the inner parts of Nimitz. Also, the tower was obviously closer to the gym side, because that side had better signal. That and rural Alabama are the only places I've had signal issues with AT&T.