• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
When you get to a squadron, you're going to be paying "dues"...and you're also going to be paying your part for the wardroom as well underway..even for shennanigans that you don't participate in. Why not shell out for something that actually means something personally? It's your choice..but this is why we have aviation dudes walking around in black shoes...it's preposterous.

FYI I dropped over $100 for Squadron Xmas party tickets for something I wasn't even able to attend...but the ticket money helped ensure the squadron got to have a nice outing so it was a win in my book. You'll be losing out on a lot more than $80 bucks for stuff in your future.

See these activities are actually more important to me that a pair of shoes, and I will actually participate and gladly give money even if I am not present.

And SynixMan, how am I dressing for failure?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
You do realize it was students that started the tradition, not winged naval aviators don't you? Once you are in the aviation community, you rate them. It is not a "right of passage" to wings....it isn't some sort of "jinx" either. Both of which are popular excuses amongst the black shoe wearing aviation cadre.

Don't be a douchebag...sack the hell up, wear brown shoes, go to the O'Club and act like you're proud of what you're doing. This is why our traditions die off.

markkyle66

You drill with demilled M16A1s. The bolt and trigger work, but the upper and lower are welded together. They are in various states of working. You are supposed to (and should) keep it clean, but it's not like you're breaking it down every night. Just make sure it's in decent shape, and extra so for RLP. If you have the honor of being color guard, you use M1s.

inspection2.jpg

I liked the idea of getting familiar with a Garand. Great rifles! Oh well, atleast the 16's are a bit easier to deal with.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Oh don't worry. You'll be intimately familiar with the A1s. "Put the rifle over your head and run around the gym..."

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
M16A1s. . .so, that's where all of those relics went. I'm surprised they don't give you functioning A2s.

GreenLantern330

This is more of a question on applying. I tried looking for it in the search, but everything that came up wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Can you be disqualified or whatever it's called if you've been out of the country? I know some government jobs are like this; when I applied for government internships a few agencies asked if I had been out of the country. Just curious because this summer I'm going to Europe and was wondering if my travels will affect anything.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Just curious because this summer I'm going to Europe and was wondering if my travels will affect anything.

Just stay away from Luxembourg. The State Department sent a warning earlier this week.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
This is more of a question on applying. I tried looking for it in the search, but everything that came up wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Can you be disqualified or whatever it's called if you've been out of the country? I know some government jobs are like this; when I applied for government internships a few agencies asked if I had been out of the country. Just curious because this summer I'm going to Europe and was wondering if my travels will affect anything.

If you're already Pro-Recced, make sure you run the trip by your OR. I went to London/Paris a few weeks before OCS started and it was no big deal. Had I gone to Iran, that probably would have been a big deal.