• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

enzy24

I have been seeing a lot of people dq'd at the OCS physical. Is the NAMI physical at OCS only for pilots? And if its only for pilots, is the OCS phsyical for staff corps (CEC) just to make sure nothing has changed from meps or can a waiver cleared by N3M be denied at OCS? thank you
DQd and leaving, or re-designating?
NAMI is for aviation only

TheDR

Got a question about calls home and things of that nature, are you allowed to speak in your language you speak at home on the phone? More specifically Mandarin for me, I know probably not but just wondering. Same for like letters home

JMT865

Got a question about calls home and things of that nature, are you allowed to speak in your language you speak at home on the phone? More specifically Mandarin for me, I know probably not but just wondering. Same for like letters home
I highly doubt they would be able to have any say about what language you communicate your family with. If that is the case, you should have the power to argue otherwise.

Meyerkord

pilot
Yeah absolutely you can. You sign up for a 10 minute phone call and then the only person around when you actually make the call is the person standing watch and a few other people making phone calls. You’re fine to write whatever you want as well.

TheDR

Yeah absolutely you can. You sign up for a 10 minute phone call and then the only person around when you actually make the call is the person standing watch and a few other people making phone calls. You’re fine to write whatever you want as well.

Love to hear it, I was worried since I heard there’s a thing where they kinda check to make sure you’re not saying certain confidential things and wanted to know if that had any impact. My parents would probably think I’d been abducted if I was just speaking to them in English

Meyerkord

pilot
Love to hear it, I was worried since I heard there’s a thing where they kinda check to make sure you’re not saying certain confidential things and wanted to know if that had any impact. My parents would probably think I’d been abducted if I was just speaking to them in English
Maybe someone who went more recently can say more accurately, but that wasn’t a thing when I was there. If anyone forces you to speak English on the phone, I can see that going poorly for them.

cvmm

Hi,
So i am currently on the my NAVY HR trying to download the
However, when I click on it it says I need to update to a newer version of adobe. Which is weird because I do have it installed on my computer. Any suggestions, ways to get around this or does someone not have this issue and can send it through here quite possibly?

cvmm

Has anyone gotten accepted as a SWO through here? Went to OCS and all. I would love to hear from someone who has.

Meyerkord

pilot
Has anyone gotten accepted as a SWO through here? Went to OCS and all. I would love to hear from someone who has.
Best bet is to check the threads for the SWO boards on the OCS portion of the site. Those are the people currently applying to the boards and getting accepted

GodSpeed1997

Question about OCS.. the pro-rec y result list has my date listed as 13Feb. However I asked my OR multiple times if that was my date and all he said was that date was tentative and to be ready to leave any time soon because I’m on the hook to go anytime now. He hasn’t given me a set date though. If he gives me a date earlier than the date posted on the results, do I have a choice to accept or decline? Or do I pretty much have to go the date he says? Just having trouble because I could leave within a week or all the way in 13Feb. Trying to see if I can still get a temporary job, but if I’m leaving anytime soon then there’s no point.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Question about OCS.. the pro-rec y result list has my date listed as 13Feb. However I asked my OR multiple times if that was my date and all he said was that date was tentative and to be ready to leave any time soon because I’m on the hook to go anytime now. He hasn’t given me a set date though. If he gives me a date earlier than the date posted on the results, do I have a choice to accept or decline? Or do I pretty much have to go the date he says? Just having trouble because I could leave within a week or all the way in 13Feb. Trying to see if I can still get a temporary job, but if I’m leaving anytime soon then there’s no point.
A lot of people will ship to OCS prior to their scheduled date, especially if for some reason the OR is pushing to get you out. If a date really doesn't work, you can decline it but it would behoove you to go at the next opportunity. You're on Navy time now.

GodSpeed1997

A lot of people will ship to OCS prior to their scheduled date, especially if for some reason the OR is pushing to get you out. If a date really doesn't work, you can decline it but it would behoove you to go at the next opportunity. You're on Navy time now.
copy. I guess my question was if the date on the board result list was my actual OCS class date. When I asked my OR if that was my date all he said was that he’d let me know if I had a date yet, making it seem like I didn’t have one currently.

kookylukey

copy. I guess my question was if the date on the board result list was my actual OCS class date. When I asked my OR if that was my date all he said was that he’d let me know if I had a date yet, making it seem like I didn’t have one currently.
In my experience that is your date. I got mine of Nov28 in the May board and it never changed, but my OR asked if I wanted to get moved up by a few classes. So your OR is probably just trying to get you shipped out sooner for whatever reason.

EFCepeda

I have been seeing a lot of people dq'd at the OCS physical. Is the NAMI physical at OCS only for pilots? And if its only for pilots, is the OCS phsyical for staff corps (CEC) just to make sure nothing has changed from meps or can a waiver cleared by N3M be denied at OCS? thank you
It’s a shit show at OCS for medical. Saw tons of NFO/SNAs get dropped due to that while at OCS. And yeah, they do an extra physical during Indoc that non-aviation doesn’t.